PaulOliveira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Level 8 - but... No Level 8 Badge

Good Morning! I reached level 8, now with 15.666 points two days ago, and it appears like that, Level 8 and those points on my Google Maps profile, 

but till now no correspondent badge received here in the Localguides, as it happenned previously with all them, I received right on the moment.Why?

https://www.google.pt/maps/contrib/108403974591226688596/

Thanks

Paulo

Lisboa, Portugal
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Level 8 - but... No Level 8 Badge

Hi @PaulOliveira first of all, a Warm Welcome to Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides

Connect is working on a separate platform, so the databases are not continuously synchronized. 

You will receive an email with the notification of your new badge (congratulations for this great results) and in the same time your status will be upgraded also in Connect. 

As this is your first post in here, i take the opportunity to give you some information:

• Need Help: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

View solution in original post

Level 8

@PaulOliveira it takes some time because points are decrease some time don't worry badge will come soon with your profile 

Level 9

@PaulOliveira

Your situation is normal as Google is gradually deploying its new badges.

KEEP COOL and CALM you'll soon get new features 😉

My MapsIWe're the World, We're the Local Guides!
Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @PaulOliveira first of all, a Warm Welcome to Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides

Connect is working on a separate platform, so the databases are not continuously synchronized. 

You will receive an email with the notification of your new badge (congratulations for this great results) and in the same time your status will be upgraded also in Connect. 

As this is your first post in here, i take the opportunity to give you some information:

• Need Help: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

Level 10

Very nice explanation and informative reply. Actually the question applied to me too so I read it religiously 😃

Level 8

WAit and watch please patience all over google computers work this reason late same to same this is my problem 😔but patience google never cheated you know very well google trusted site @PaulOliveira patience and watch 

Level 8

Hi 

Just read your answers to this query on connect . I was promoted on Google Maps to Level 8 on 22 March 2018 but as of today (26 May 2018)  I am still showing as a Level 7 on Connect . Is there anything else I can do apart from wait for the Google technology to catch up ?

What is the expected wait time likely to be ?

Level 8

@ColinUKtyke 

sorry Colin I forgot about this article please read this article

Level 8

Hi ayann and other local guides

After over 2 months I am finally recognise as a Level 8 on Connect. 

Thanks for all the help and advice fellow Local Guides , I hope your issues get sorted soon!