Tylorforsythe's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Level 7 perk is rubbish

"tag one of our Google Moderators so that they can help you"

I thought as a moderator you could help me by offering something other having me post somewhere else.

Level 8

Hi @JPatrick,

Connect Moderators are just like you here in Connect - we are LocalGuides.

We can share our experience in Connect, still certains issues can only be handled by our Google Moderators.

That is my limitation, and I hope you can understand that.

I have no personal experience about the redemptions process, so it is best for you to ask in the right place and in the right way.  So that the right person can give you the right advice.

Level 6

I got this when I reached level 6.  Is it a level 7 perk? 

Regardless, I especially enjoy the NYTimes.com.  It was the first perk that felt like a true thanks from google. 

The writing is superior to many publications and if you're interested in improving your lexicon, it's definitely a great source beyond other higher level places for reading like Aldaily.com and focuses on reality -- which helps us kill 2 birds with one stone. 

It's many times my "go to" for all my past students who've gone to Harvard, Yale, Stanford and more.  

Sorry that the UK folks don't enjoy the perceived "american-centric" nature of the publication.  I can't disagree that the american journalists probably don't do justice for a true international perspective, but it's still decent writing -- at least a bit of it is.  

Level 7

Update lol

My latest PERK... gave me 10 free articles on NYT and that was it... again something that's free anyway... bloody pathetic effort TBH.. what's next £2.50 for completing a a survey? Probably.. very spammy Mr and Mr Google! Which apparently not what Google is about.. Also there are also questionable associations here.. I.e Town pages.. well this firm is the biggest SEM Scam going yet Google have given them trusted status "source" Citizens advice bureaux uk. Google & Maps is in danger of losing credibility.

J

@Sulli1432 wrote:

Hi Karen

Free Champagne in London.. Now I am pissed off! Nothing for the Midlands or other parts of the UK... Our PERKS are what Google gives away for free anyway... Like 3 months membership to Music or a couple of quid off my first Uber ride.. which again is a standard thing. I do love doing what I am doing but don't try to take me for a fool... you really need to sort this out or people will just stop. Why not have an LG festival or something exclusive to guides over a certain level, where Google being a multi-billion pound business looks after us a bit?

Regards

James

@Sulli1432 wrote:

Hi Karen

Free Champagne in London.. Now I am pissed off! Nothing for the Midlands or other parts of the UK... Our PERKS are what Google gives away for free anyway... Like 3 months membership to Music or a couple of quid off my first Uber ride.. which again is a standard thing. I do love doing what I am doing but don't try to take me for a fool... you really need to sort this out or people will just stop. Why not have an LG festival or something exclusive to guides over a certain level, where Google being a multi-billion pound business looks after us a bit?

Regards

James

Level 7

Hi all,

If we have issues with perks expiring who do we contact?

Thanks

Level 6

HI, @mark_m_moran

Definitely look up for a Google Moderator!

Level 7

Thanks for the prompt reply, are they easy to find here?

Mark

Level 6

Level 7

I understand your frustration that you feel let down by the lack of perks or they are of no use to you but hang in there. You have done so much good in your  contributions to date to reach level 7 it would be a shame to throw it all away as so many people rely on local guides like you to provide local knowledge. Perks are not the reason I became a local guide but I agree it would be nice if as you progressed through the levels there was an incentIve when you reached each one.

Level 4

@johnanderson wrote:

Yeah I personally have no desire to get the New York Times - I read my news online.

Anyone savvy enough to be a local guide is also probably reading their news online.

@johnanderson- The perk is 3 months free unlimited digital access to NYTimes.com and also via their Android and iOS apps. The New York Times is not just paper any more. It is available in the format you seem to like best - online. And it has much better journalism than any other "news online" source. Which rock have you been living under? You are so savvy that you read your news online but you do not know that the New York Times is also online?