Tylorforsythe's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Level 7 perk is rubbish

It's your passion @RohitSadana but not everybody sees it as a duty though 😉

Bali Local Guides contribute to give back to the community.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RohitSadana

It is your opinion that "Google is doing a lot for Local guides".  From my point of view, Google Maps is a product/service and Google make a lot of money from it.  But in my area this "product" is not fit for purpose and I have volunteered to try and fix it.  However, I find that Google are blocking every attempt I make to try and help make it better.  

I personally don't care about the perks, but being new here I see how much emphasis Google Maps put on "perks" and points collecting.  This is counter productive in my opinion and by making a big deal about it and only directing it towards a certain country, it is no wonder people feel this is unfair.

The original poster thinks this perk is rubbish and I agree, no amount of trying to shame us is going to change our mind.

Level 7

Hi Karen

Free Champagne in London.. Now I am pissed off! Nothing for the Midlands or other parts of the UK... Our PERKS are what Google gives away for free anyway... Like 3 months membership to Music or a couple of quid off my first Uber ride.. which again is a standard thing. I do love doing what I am doing but don't try to take me for a fool... you really need to sort this out or people will just stop. Why not have an LG festival or something exclusive to guides over a certain level, where Google being a multi-billion pound business looks after us a bit?

Regards

James

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: We're contributing to the community.

@Sandra1961

You know nothing about me or what kind of person I am.  For your information, I am highly active in promoting and encouraging my local community, supporting and encouraging local businesses and people.  I was asked by my local community to come on here and try and fix the issues they are having.  I am also a contributor to the OpenStreetMap and am VERY proud of the accuracy and level of detail of my contributions there.  I also contribute to many open source projects.  So trying to paint me as a bad person, for supporting @Tylorforsythe point of view is really condescending to be perfectly honest.

I came here to try and fix the ridiculous and pathetic "product" which is called Google Maps, and I don't expect anything in return.  Since joining this "help forum" and asking for help, I have had nothing but vague "answers" to my questions which sound like they are from some kind of robot/AI or something.  I spent a great deal of time and effort preparing posts with example problems showcasing the issues I am having, which have been deleted on me.  So no, I won't cheer up or be positive.  

Level 8

Hi @Anonymous,

I did not search to threads posted by you and what answer you've got.

I am talk in general here.

When you got vague answers, that is likely because the real situation is exactly like this, vague.

If Google do not tell, then any of us are just guessing.

I am sure majority of us here at Connect is offering my honest opinions.  If you find it not satisfying, please let us know what you are expecting, so that each of us can learn and grow from you.

Then as a whole, Connect will further improve and can serve us better.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sulli1432

Totally unfair and I share your being pissed off.  

Basically you only get "perks" if you are located in a certain city or country.  I don't understand how the people running this don't see the damage this does to the community.  It places value and worth to certain contributions (ie. an edit in London is worth more than an edit in rural UK).  If the perks can't be universal and applied equally, it is only fuelling this sense of worthlessness and unfairness.

Level 8

I'm truly sorry if my comment even pissed you off further @Anonymous. I'm just trying to be positive and happy if others got the perks. I'll be patiently waiting for my turn if it's even exist

You're right, I don't know you and I believe that you're a good person trying to do good things for your community. I'm not saying that you're a bad person at all. My sincere apology if the way I wrote it gives that impression.

Where do you live? I'm from Bali and I do hope we can just be friends here in the Connect Family.

Level 7

He's right! I finally got to level that qualified me for the NY Times 3 months. Already being a subscriber all I received from Google was a form email to check the FAQ. I had already did that with no results. Can you help me too?

Level 8

Maybe @YK1001 can address this issue?

Level 8

Hi @Sandra1961  - thanks for tagging me.

@i @JPatrick - when you have problem to redeem any perks, the best is the go through the Announcement thread of the perk.  When that thread allows us to leave comment, leave a comment here, tag one of our Google Moderators so that they can help you.

If the thread do not allow comment, then create a new thread at the Connecdt Feedback board.  Again, tag one of our Google Moderators.

Personally, I am not entitled to the NYT perk, so I do not have personal experience about the redemption process.