Jagadeesh_Reddy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Level 10 Person Reviews

Hey team, I wanna share something which you should never do in your contribution.

Today when I was adding a place near my  home I found that it was already added but location was wrong and so when I was about to review I found a person who is top contributor in maps and his photos views alone 2,54,54,421 its unbelievable for me so when I check his comments I found it's was just one word like good, nice shop, good shop next to , etc etc.

I know it will be so much hard for him to reach level 10 but this isn't right way to do.

Even if you are not reviewing the place with 200 words just review something little bit detail of your experience please.

Be a inspiration to all others my friends. 

Some of his review screen shots:Screenshot_20171230-154525__01.jpg

Screenshot_20171230-154533__01.jpg

Screenshot_20171230-154602__01.jpg

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
India
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Level 10 Person Reviews

Hi @Jagadeesh_Reddy, I agree completely with you, and this is the reason of the 4 new badges in Google Maps.

The four badges are a clear indication about wich kind of Local Guide you are.

IMG_20171227_135032.png

Personally I love to balance  my contributions, trying to share a complete experience of a place, through photos and review.

And I like to give answers, when requested.

Every Local Guide make a personal choice, so we have LG contributing only with photos, and other contributing only with answer.

What is most important is the global view of a POI, that we can have reading review made by a lot of LG, so that every single contribution is like a brush stroke in a painting.

As a personal note, I don't like to use contributions made by others to highlight some negative aspects, and the contributions that you are showing in here are made according to the rules.

Even if personally I have a different behavior, I cannot  blame a Local Guide that is following the rules.

I don't think that we need to use this kind of example. If we want to discuss about what we think is the best way to contribute, we can do it without any criticism.

Respect is the first word that we should learn in this community @Jagadeesh_Reddy.

But of course, this is only my own opinion.

Best regards

Ermes

Level 8

I'm not criticizing that person @ErmesT that's why I didn't mention the person name or anything related to it.  I just suggested our LG people not to review like this I didn't mean to offend anyones feelings. Please don't this post in a different pay criticizing is not my intention. Thanks for teaching something new and Like you said " Local Guide make a personal choice,"  this is my this not awareness this is my personal request 🙂 

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Connect Moderator

Hi @Jagadeesh_Reddy

I started my reply declaring that I agree with you, because I think that the correct way to do a review is the one that you suggest. 

But, if you use (as an example) the activity of another local guide, it doesn't matter if you do not mention the name. You are showing (as a bad behavior) something that is not against the rules.

I like your intentions for improving the quality of what we do, but I think that we can avoid to use of the examples that you posted.

Use positive examples instead. 

Think positively, and the others will follow you. You are doing a lot of positive things in this community, so follow that way please. 

Sincerely 

Ermes 

Level 8

Ok understood 👍. Thank you for guiding me always to correct path @ErmesT 😊

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 10

That's why the +5 points bonus for 200+ char reviews was introduced. 🙂

I think also my suggestion to create a best review of the week award could help improve the overall quality 🙂