JanVanHaver's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

LetsGuide Podcast

Banner LetsGuide Podcast.jpg

What do you get when someone who is passionate about Local Guides and passionate about podcasts decides to bring those two together? Exactly, a brand new podcast about Local Guides!

As of today, the first episode of the LetsGuide Podcast is available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, SoundCloud, TuneIn and Blubrry. Consider it to be an early Valentine's gift to show my love for all local guides around the globe 😉

The shownotes can be found on www.letsguidepodcast.com, where you of course also listen to the first episode. A new episode will be published roughly every 2 weeks, typically dealing with one specific aspect of the Local Guides program. Episode 1 simply covers the basics, so that is perfect for relatively new Local Guides, but can at the same time also be very helpful for more experienced LGs to explain to their family and friends what being a Local Guide is all about. Obviously I will also include tips & tricks like the ones I have included in the Best Practice posts that I have published here in the past.

I hope that you will take the time to listen to this first episode (it's only 20 minutes long), subscribe to the podcast in your favorite podcast app and let me know what you think about it!

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
14 comments
Level 9

Re: LetsGuide Podcast

Thank you @JanVanHaver 

It is very interesting.

It is something new for me. 

I will be learning  this LetsGuide Podcast.

Level 6

It nice to learn know stuff

Connect Moderator

Hi @JanVanHaver 

New LGs Podcast! Great!

Thank you so much for creating this awesome podcast!

It's a great opportunity for me to be informed about LGs community life and improve my English listening skills at the same time!!! 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @JanVanHaver,

Thanks for sharing!

It seems these podcasts are becoming popular, and I like it. 

I have recently been listening to the Go Loco podcast, and found it very interesting.

Local Guides are evolving and this could be the next big thing. I will give it a listen, thanks again!

Just to let you know, I have relabelled your post to Local Stories, as I believe it fits well here.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

sound's great, very nice initiative @JanVanHaver 

Thank you for sharing with us. 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @helga19, I will always remember that you were the first fan of the podcast on LGC  🙂

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

Estimado @JanVanHaver , me encanta su iniciativa, estaba escuchando su podcast y para mi pobre inglés me parece excelente, le comprendi todo, su entonación y cadencia en la manera de hablar me conquista y me da ganas de continuar escuchando, me recuerda al tipo de voz de radio nederlan (Holanda) en la frecuencia de onda larga AM que escuchaba de pequeño, en español , pero el timbre de voz es muy parecido, me recordó esa momento, gracias por compartir su iniciativa.

Una pregunta usted es locutor?

Farid

Connect Moderator

@FaridTDF if you pay the travel expenses and a 5000 EUR speaker fee, then I will gladly be a speaker wherever you want 🤣

Just kidding, of course. But I do have some radio experience years ago (no talk radio, though, just a music show), and I always liked doing that very much. The kick of making live radio is something which gives me a kind of rush just thinking about it, even years later. For the podcast, I of course have the luxury of being able to record it in parts or start over again when I mess up a part.

Thanks for the kind words - reactions like these give me an extra motivation to makes lots of follow up episodes.

Connect Moderator

@JaneBurunina enjoying a podcast + learning about local guides + exercising your English skills all for the same price. What I'm offering is even more than I realized myself 😉