PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Lets Map Green

My friend and fellow Local Guide @IlankovanT and fellow Connect Moderator has started a wonderful initiative to have a positive affect on the environment by planting more trees and other plants. The initiative has a website https://www.letsmapgreen.com/  

Reading the recap of the tree planting walk inspired me to plant a couple of trees at home. I live in a mountain area in a small town around 45km east of Melbourne called Emerald. Even though we experience a lot of rain, the area I wanted to plant in is always dry. I chose two Callistemon trees which are an Australian native tree that handle dry and part shady conditions well. The Callistimon grow to around 3m tall and 3m around and for most of the year have bottle brush shaped flowers that attract native birds.

I've added the trees to the website now and they're awaiting moderator approval. I invite all Local Guides anywhere in the world to join in with this excellent idea and plant a tree or two whether it be at home or at a school or on some public land.

Callistemon #1Callistemon #1Callistemon #2Callistemon #2

Regards Paul

Emerald VIC, Australia
28 comments
Level 10

Re: Lets Map Green

Nice tree planting post @PaulPavlinovich thanks for sharing. 

Level 7

Level 9

Thank you so much for supporting this Join us for Free rain 🙂

I have approved those trees and it's online now. thanks for adding this to www.letsmapgreen.com

From Australia :)From Australia 🙂

we are planning to host a big event soon and hope you will see many trees on map. thank you

Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich This is great. I hope @IlankovanT initiative will make a difference around the world. 

Level 8

I accepted your challenge @PaulPavlinovich.. I'll post photo of plant soon from my University.

#LetsMapGreen

Fuvad

Level 9

Great idea @PaulPavlinovich and @IlankovanT   Thanks so much for sharing the link. Just I enrolled myself in the page and hope to do my task soon.  

Unfortunately Calcutta, where I live is full of air pollution. Vehicular pollution particularly from diesel are primarily responsible for the pollution and due to lack of strict local laws the pollution level is increasing day by day.  The latest air pollution study shows Calcutta is second polluted city in India after New Delhi. 

Some city doctors (Pulmonologists) declare this situation as emergency too. Here is the news.

So I think it is the right time to distribute this message to everyone. Planting trees could be a weapon in the battle against pollution. 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Level 9

Thank you @DrShaunak, Happ to hear that you also like to plant some trees 😊

Connect Moderator

Absolutely @DrShaunak trees can't solve every problem but they definitely help. @IlankovanT has an awesome idea with this project, it's one I'm happy to support!

Connect Moderator

Great to hear @FuvadShah jump onto the website and pop it on there too.