IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Let’s Map Green! [OFFICIAL]

Lets Map GreenLets Map Green

Unlike many awareness campaigns carried out in various parts of the globe on the importance of greening the world, I thought of doing something remarkable. As expected, this meetup ended as a rock among the participants and the community. This concept of planting some long living friends had a delightful appreciation among friends and community.  We initially begun this activity through planting 50 number of plants on a meetup.  As a highlight, I tagged each tree with a name of a friend or a fellow local guide and marked the tree on Google maps to make sure this tree remains spotted at any time. This made the news spread soon and I could see a lot of friends around my hometown and around the world planting a lot of trees following me. Of course, this is what I expected. I see this as a sequel outcome of the effort which for sure benefits the globe on a pretty large magnitude.

Local Guides Inspires the Succeeding GenerationsLocal Guides Inspires the Succeeding Generations
I am a born nature lover and have completed some significant initiatives targeting the wellbeing of earth and its resources. Being a local guide has been an added value to me to get connected with a large pool of like-minded people. Having said this, I started this initiative with only 50 trees and then the goal expanded to 1000 and now it is 100,000 trees. Isn’t it just wow?  Being a single man, I could not have completed this massive task. @PaulPavlinovich, a friend/fellow local guide of mine from Australia through Local guides planted some trees, a friend/fellow local guide from Toumodi planted some trees in his country. and several other fellow local guides have followed the same too.

www.letsmapgreen.comwww.letsmapgreen.com

This is obviously the support I got from my local and international fellow local guides who made this a chain reaction and supported this initiative with much enthusiasm planting quite a lot of trees. I keep updating the progress of the trees I have planted one in a fortnight or thrice a month most of the time. I take photographs of them and upload to the Let’s map green platform. If you haven’t taken any action, please do create awareness among your friends and neighbors. They may like to have a plant on their name which can be recognized from a global perspective through this platform. However, planting a tree is far easier than watering and maintaining it. So there is also a need to plan your project well and define the number of plants you can take care of. The added fun I had in this initiative was the names tagged. This created curiosity among those who see the plants physically at the same time by letting the relevant person known, this created a global level care and created awareness on the importance of embracing trees on earth as precious lives. Why don’t you now have your own tree or a tree for your loved ones and map it here? upload your trees to www.letsmapgreen.com

Let’s join hands together in creating much greenery on maps. Happy planting!

@ErmesT @KarenVChin @PaulPavlinovich @YKOÏTA@EmekaUlor

Sri Lanka
15 comments
Level 10

Re: Let’s Map Green! [OFFICIAL]

Best of luck brother @IlankovanT. Really very very good initeative 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 7

Hello @IlankovanT , thank you for this excellent summary of the meet up of planting already done under the let map gree.

We will continue to make the world better through our planting.

Yacouba!

Connect Moderator

@IlankovanT, woww! I remember when you planted 50 trees. Then your goal became 1000 trees. Now 100,000 trees!  Knowing you will be able to reach this goal in no time!

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

Excellent @IlankovanT I think we need to find someplace to plant some trees - what do you reckon @brittym do you reckon we could plant some trees on the Google campus?

Googler

Wow what an amazing and inspiring initiative @IlankovanT

I echo @KarenVChin comments, I'm sure you'll reach your goal! Thanks so much for sharing 🙂

Level 9

Thank you @YKOÏTA, @MahabubMunna 😊😊

Level 9

Thank you @KarenVChin.

Hope I will get more support from our friends, fellow local guides to complete this soon. After that we can say1,000,000 trees 😊😊!!

@KarenVChin wrote:

@IlankovanT, woww! I remember when you planted 50 trees. Then your goal became 1000 trees. Now 100,000 trees!  Knowing you will be able to reach this goal in no time!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

@PaulPavlinovich I love this idea!! 😊😊😊😊

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Excellent @IlankovanT I think we need to find someplace to plant some trees - what do you reckon @brittym do you reckon we could plant some trees on the Google campus?

Level 9

Thank you so much @JuanCh.

Hope we will complete this 100,000! And move to 1,000,000 trees soon 😊

@JuanCh wrote:

Wow what an amazing and inspiring initiative @IlankovanT

I echo @KarenVChin comments, I'm sure you'll reach your goal! Thanks so much for sharing 🙂