KimLong's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Let's Guide: map list of recommended vegetarian restaurants in Siem Reap City

Finding vegetarian restaurant in Siem Reap can be difficult as vegetarianism is not common for Cambodian people. Very few locals are vegetarian and vegetarianism mostly relate to religious belief. However, recently there are few more vegetarian restaurants open catering mainly to travelers. Here is my map list of recommended vegetarian restaurants in Siem Reap City. Please follow the list as I will update it adding more when suitable options come up. https://goo.gl/maps/EAYeiUwnEnR2

Siem Reap, Cambodia
6 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Let's Guide: map list of recommended vegetarian restaurants in Siem Reap City

Thank you for sharing @KimLong, your map list of recommended vegetarian restaurants. I am sure that it will be helpful for Local Guides. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Re: Let's Guide: map list of recommended vegetarian restaurants in Siem Reap City

Thank you for sharing @KimLong,

Except from Green-Go Vegan Garden, is there any other restaurant from the list vegan? It'll be very helpful to add this detail as well. Do they have some vegetarian dishes in the menu or are they exclusively vegetarian restaurants?

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @VasT yes, all these restaurants on the list are exclusively vegetarian. You will notice in the photo of Viking House that some dishes look like they have meat in it but it is not meat at all. They just made it look like meat and this way they also attract a lot of non-vegetarian dinners and in fact most dinners are non-vegetarian. 

Hey @KimLong, thank you for your clarifications! By the way what's your favorite vegetarian dish? I love tofu but, it's hard to cook it properly.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @VasT tofu is available at all of the restaurants on the list and they also has different dishes with tofu. My favourite restaurant is Viking House and this one is also most popular with local. I like their fry noodle on hot plate. It comes out still boiling on your table because of hot plate. Yum! 

Many thanks for sharing @KimLong. You made me hungry! Can't wait to see more of your lists!