CosminS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Language used for reviewing

Dear local guides, 

I would like to know what language to use when I write a review: the native language or English. Which is the best option to be able to help people more efficiently?

Thank you.

19 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Level 9
Solution

Re: Language used for reviewing

Who do you think is most likely to read your review, tailor it to your audience.

View solution in original post

Level 9
Level 9
Solution

Who do you think is most likely to read your review, tailor it to your audience.

Level 6

Considering the audience, the most appropriate language would be Romanian. As far as I am concerned, I would also like to help foreigners that are to come to my country.

Thanks for your help. 

Level 8

It has been suggested to the Google team to add auto translation to reviews so that everyone can read all reviews.

Level 6

Let's wait until this feature is implemented. Thanks for your answer. Have a good day. 

Level 9

As you are aware Google is providing translations from/to any languages there is no barrier for languages however usage of a common language may help the reader to go through what the writer exactly mean

Level 2

I think both languages, but if you use english on your colaborations maybe  you will help more people. Native language only helps local people.

Level 7

i addressed this concern in a more recent discussion.  I think the problem is that the reviews are all bunched together regardless of the language they are written in. I think it would be necessary for the reader to be able to choose which language he wishes to read reviews in. I don't think this is currently possible.

@PhilipF wrote:

Level 7

I think that's a great idea! As long as we, or someone is overviewing the translation. Google translate is good, but it does make mistakes, sometimes

Level 7

So, should both reviews be written one after the other in the same post? Or is there a way to write two separate posts?