Prodeep's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Lakshadweep Islands India

That's a good idea @Prodeep, better take your time, Dubai is not going anywhere.

The concert looks great, I've been wanting to see the new movie as well.

Have you seen it yet?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

I hear it was a good one and hope to catch it soon. I missed it the last one it came around. Last Sunday was a another band Boogie Wonder come in this time from Canada mostly belting out retro songs but thoroughly enjoyable;)

By the way, want to ask if the places you took a dive down did they mention anything about the tide? Here we almost missed our scuba cuz of it but nevertheless took us through it.

The places I've dived were not very influenced by tides @Prodeep, I would say no more than one meter in difference. 

If the waters are too tidal it can indeed have an impact on whether you can dive as planned or not. 

It can be a great idea to research it a bit before planning your dive.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hey @MortenSI @Often asked the guides on the island what impact they have when there is a storm brewing, said the corals do get affected nevertheless. Plus living on the islands since birth they themselves are very used to weathering it and also check the impact on the corals post the storm.The straight, the stormy and the serene.The straight, the stormy and the serene.

Living on the on the islands probably gave them an amazing insight in how the ocean and the tides worked, and what impact it would have on the area @Prodeep.

I bet they know a whole lot more than me, that's for sure. 

How were the corals affected by the tides? I guess over a long period of time the movement in the water would start to make its mark, but I'm not too sure. 

Level 8

Hey @MortenSI I guess being in a tropical zone, the corals probably get more affected by the heat, but dunno much about the stormy weather. Am sure it must be under some conservation program to protect it. Though we didn't get much time to ask about it, I do recall them telling us about the whitening effect that happened some years ago. Will relook at some of my gopro footage;) The strong dappled light on the corals looks lovely on camera but comes at a cost of the intense sunlight hitting it.

Unfortunately I don't know much about this subject @Prodeep, but what you're saying does make sense. The heat is most likely a factor.

Please do share more of your photos if you have more, I can't get enough of underwater photos.  

Level 8

Hey @MortenSI posting some more grabs from GoPro. These are from Minicoy island which was my first experience ever under water. The corals here are amazing and also a bit different from the Kadmat island. Lakshadweep has total of 36 islands and only a few are inhabited. Screenshot_20190118-213524~2.png

Screenshot_20190118-213539~2.png

Screenshot_20190118-214602~2.png

Screenshot_20190118-213633~2.png

Screenshot_20190118-214335~2.png

Screenshot_20190118-214432~2.png

Great photos @Prodeep!

The water looks super clear and the visibility looks great.

This place sounds like a paradise for me. With 36 islands I would have plenty of diving to do.

I am really starting to hunger for a dive soon!

Level 8

Haha @MortenSI way to go;)

Best time to visit is Nov-Dec as the weather is good and the water is cool for a dive. While sailing, we ended up spending a lot of time on the open deck and helipad area because of the cool breeze 🙂Open deck area on the M.V. KavarattiOpen deck area on the M.V. Kavaratti