Prodeep's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Lakshadweep Islands India

It was a pretty big one, and I was surprised that it let us come that close before it took off, but I'm glad I got to take a some photos of it. 

That incident is always in the back of your mind when you see a big stingray like that @Prodeep, but they're such beautiful creatures.

Do you have any plans for your next diving adventure? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hey @MortenSI! Apart from Andamans, I still have 3 islands left to do in Lakshadweep which I was told are very good if not better.

(Agatti, Bangaram and Kalpeni)

But that would not be so soon I suppose. Phuket is on my radar some time later but I hear the dives are far more pricier:) And of course, weather permitting since the big radius around the Aceh had been seismically active in the past.

How about you? 

Then it sounds like you have plenty to look forward to @Prodeep, it's great to know exactly where to go next. 

Thailand is without a doubt also on top of my list, maybe together with Indonesia. It is one of my greatest dreams to be able to dive there as I hear it is absolutely stunning. 

I don't have any current plans for my next dive, but I am saving up to go to southeast Asia on a long trip one day, and I hope that journey will involve a lot of diving.

I have an interest in shipwrecks too, but so far I haven't has the chance to see one myself. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Wow Shipwrecks sounds very interesting  @MortenSI! Your experience in diving will no doubt be very useful here:) I would need a lot more to just dive deep, leave apart touching the ocean bed!:)

The last one I remember hearing in the news was the off the coast somewhere near Portugal. 

I don't have much experience with deep dives @Prodeep, in fact my certificate is only for a maximum depth of 12 meters.

There are plenty of dive sites with shipwrecks in shallow waters, and I think I will start with these. I've heard about several airplanes and ships from World War II sunken in Indonesia, and some of them at only 5 to 15 meters. 

I will one day expand my certificate to be able to go even deeper, but so far I'm happy with what I can experience.

Level 8

That sounds cool @MortenSI! Do share your future dives would love to hear. Meanwhile one other type of dive is also on my bucket list since long and that one is from the sky!;) Not without an assist though and looking at Dubai:)

Cheers!

You are reading my mind @Prodeep!

Skydiving is high up on my list as well, and one day I will be brave enough to jump out of an airplane. To do it over Dubai sounds amazing, you would get an incredible view. 

Do you already have plans of going to Dubai or is this still a dream in the works?

Level 8

Haha @MortenSI some minds do think alike!:) Ever since a friend has talked about it, its been on my mind. But require to do proper research before going especially with regards to safety. Will mostly happen the next time I decide to visit Dubai. At the same time don't want to wait too long either. Will keep you posted on it!

Cheers.

You are right @Prodeep, safety comes first and it pays off to do the research before you choose a place. 

I would love to see a post from you about this, when you decide to go! 

I always feel the craving for adrenaline when I see these kinds of post.

Level 8

Oh yeah certainly would love to share @MortenSI!  Setting some local contacts first to do reality check then take it from there, though not rushing into it yet;)

Just back from a Queen tribute concert by a local band, they rock!;)All Stars band paying tribute to Queen.All Stars band paying tribute to Queen.