ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Laguna del Mort (Venetian area) - Birdwatching in Winter

@FaridTDF, LOL. "Nestle Milk Can" - which one of my dove photos reminds you of this? Must be an Argentinian advertisement only. 

Cheers,

Karen 

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT, when this was happening and it continued two more times, I felt "this family" was very comfortable at Chateau Chin with their accommodations.  I agree, normally, birds build their nest in private, hidden areas to protect themselves and their eggs from predators.  I have never heard of mourning doves willing to nest so close to humans and letting a human hold out her arm to take their photos, including the birth of their baby chicks. 

Happy to read that you enjoyed my birth of mourning dove video. I wanted to show that a person can easily take photos by using her phone and not use fancy DSLR or an expensive macro lens if given the chance to capture this unique life event. 

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

The video is great, @KarenVChin, and is also a very rare opportunity.

Looks like the pigeon was mom ot twins, isn't it? here for you a mom of four, @PoliMC

Caption: a Swan nest, on my river - Local Guide @ermestCaption: a Swan nest, on my river - Local Guide @ErmesT

Here in 360°, if you want to explore the area

Former Google Contributor

Hi @ErmesT,

Wauu they are so cute! Thanks a lot for the photo! The area is very nice as well. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT, woww! You got that close to this momma swan and her babies? Was this per luck to be able to witness this?

I do have to correct you, my birds are not pigeons, but mourning doves. Slightly different, but not from the same family. I did learn mourning doves can have up to 6 sets of chicks during their mating season. And both the male and female sit on the pair of eggs (two) and feed them after they hatch.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

@ErmesT  Thank you. There are other local guides who are good in bird photography.  I will share a few new photos later. I can only upload 3 photos. I will reach the 1000 photo limit. This limit has virtually forced me to stop contributing to the Connect as I like to share stories with photos. There should be a way to share our Google Photos to the connect. Hope the Googlers will work on this. 

Connect Moderator

Thank you for your note, @KarenVChin 

There is no luck in there. Swan in the area are used to the human visitors, and the visitors know thet they have not to disturb them

Caption: a morheen in the nest - Local Guide @ermestCaption: a morheen in the nest - Local Guide @ErmesT

This moorhen had a nest in the city center

Connect Moderator

Yes I know @AnuradhaP 

Actually the only solution is to embed your photos as suggested by Traci, with a personal note:

Create an album for the pictures that you want to share, make it public, then don't touch it anymore. The link created by Google Photos are not stable, and can change if you modify the album.

But of course you can share (reuse) with us some of the great photos that are in your album in Connect

Connect Moderator

This is a picture that gave me a great emotion.

I took this photo in Castelluccio di Norcia. We were driving down, to reach the village, after climbing on Monte Vettore, when we meet a group of hawk, gliding in the wind, motionless. We had the time to stops the car, take the camera, and shoot a series of photos

Caption: an hawk, motionless in the wind - Local Guide @ermestCaption: an hawk, motionless in the wind - Local Guide @ermest

Level 10

@ErmesT  I am resharing a few photos here.Brahminy Kite(Haliastur indus), Panama, Sri LankaBrahminy Kite(Haliastur indus), Panama, Sri Lanka

DSC_0026-1.png

Kalutara, Sri LankaKalutara, Sri Lanka

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg