ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Laguna del Mort (Venetian area) - Birdwatching in Winter

Thank you @ShahnewazAhmed, you are welcome.

You are right, @PoliMC, sometime it is quite interesting. Here a fight between two moorhens.

They looks so nice and quite, but the fight was really fierce

Caption: Moorhens fight at Burci Cemetery - Local Guide @ermestCaption: Moorhens fight at Burci Cemetery - Local Guide @ErmesT

I prepared a small album for more photos of this "birds paradise", included the complete sequence of the fight.

Have a fun

Former Google Contributor

Hi @ErmesT,

Your album is awesome! I liked it a lot!

Thank you for your time to create such an album and sharing it with us! You did an amazing photo session of the birds! Your photos inspired me a lot. We will wait for your next great post with photos!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Thank you @PoliMC

I will share more, of course. I am happy that you find this photos inspiring. I have been inspired by @FaridTDF, at the beginning of my Local Guide activity.

His last post have some stunning photo of birds too.

And Beautiful Birds Captured on Camera is amazing too. Farid and @AnuradhaP photos are so beautiful, plus of course others from a lot of LGs

Former Google Contributor

Hi @ErmesT,

I agree with you! A lot of Local Guides are passionate about photography and I am very happy about that! It's great that we are inspiring of each other. That's the best way to learn something!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Gracias @ErmesT por tus palabras, eres un pájaro que vuela solo de una manera estupenda.

Gaviota - Puerto Montt - ChileGaviota - Puerto Montt - Chile

Las aves son unas de mis preferidas a la hora de hacer fotos, ya que capturan la esencia de la belleza en el aire con sus plumas tan prolijas y dispuestas de una manera casi perfecta. Desafiando la gravedad y haciéndonos sentir envidias de su libertad en el aire.

Farid

Connect Moderator

Great shot @FaridTDF, perfect focus and well balanced light

Sometime an unwanted light can reveal some surprise. White on white. I was trying to shot a photo of this white heron in a field, one year ago.

The heron was 50 meters to me. While I tried to walk, to gain a few meters for a better composition, the heron noticed me, and flew away. I had no choice but to take the picture, trying to keep it in focus. The result was unexpected. I love this photo, almost unreal, like a Japanese paint

Caption - White heron - Tone on tone - Local Guide @ermestCaption - White heron - Tone on tone - Local Guide @ermest

Connect Moderator

On October 23, after Connect Live, I was visiting a winery, guided by the great Connetc Moderator, and personal friend, @KarenVChin.

A bird captured my attention

Caption: the view from the winery - BirdsCaption: the view from the winery - Birds

Connect Moderator

@ermest, funny you should ask this question. You know I only take photos using just my phone., which means not a lot of fast action or far away distance shots.  Plus, I am not necessarily the quickest photographer either as you well know.

I can say I do take a good amount of photos when it comes to nature, wildlife (as much as I get in my urban environment), and plant photography (plants don't move) when I come across it.

As for bird photography, during the Holidays I was in Kauai. 

Caption:  Located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, Kauai is the most laid back of the 6 inhabited islands of Hawaii.  Photo: Google MapsCaption: Located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, Kauai is the most laid back of the 6 inhabited islands of Hawaii. Photo: Google Maps

Kauai is famous for many green, scenic, tropical, beachy things to see and do. 

One of the top things this Hawaiian island is famous for are their wild chickens running all over the island (Read this NY Times article for more details).  They are like the pigeons of Venices's St Mark's Square or in NYC's Central Park. 

These guys pretty much have free rein of the island.  They can be found inside the car rental places at the airport.  Around people's homes, parking lots, hotels, at beaches, etc.  They are fun to photograph and very people friendly, just like pigeons, because they want you to feed them.

Caption: Wild Chickens are a tourist attraction in Kauai. They have no natural predators. These guys start crowing around 4 am every day!  Photo: @karenvchinCaption: Wild Chickens are a tourist attraction in Kauai. They have no natural predators. These guys start crowing around 4 am every day! Photo: @KarenVChin

The other opportunity I had to take bird photography was literally at my front door.  This was priceless and I am still amazed that it happened over 2+ month period without any prep.   I was fortunate to be able to watch the birth of a  pair of mourning doves, not just once, but twice in my plant container on my front porch.

This momma dove really liked Chateau Chin because she stayed for the summer and did not mind me taking photos of her and her two sets of baby doves.  She never once raised her feathers or blinked at me.

Check out my video I created just for you and @FaridTDF (and not to bore you with a ton of photos - I took at least one photo a day during the summer of 2016 as I witness the "beauty of life" twice.) 

Interesting note:  Momma Dove's first set of eggs were eaten by something. The last two sets survived the hatching and eventually flew away.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@KarenVChin, lograste capturar la vida de las palomas, algo desde mi punto de vista muy complicado, a menos que seas un estudioso de las aves o de NatGeo. 

Una de las escenas se parece a la lata de leche Nestlé. 

Farid

Connect Moderator

I know that you only use your phone to take photos, @KarenVChin

This don't reduce your photographic capacity, in which the camera is just a tool, useless if you don't have a photographer's eye. You are a master in composition, you know that.

The video that you shared (I am so proud that you made it just for this post) is more than amazing. Not too much people have the opportunity to make a so close movie of free birds.

The birds usually are making their nests in inacesinacce places. You have to be really considered safe, for them to make the nest in a so accessible place, and to let you filming them.

It seems your empathy is working well also with birds.

Great video, thank you for sharing this masterpiece, Karen