ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Laguna del Mort (Venetian area) - Birdwatching in Winter

I am not considering myself a photographer, but just a photography lover. My preferred subject are flowers and nature, but recently I started to discover the beauty of taking pictures of birds.

It was January first, late in the morning (yes, I had a New Year Party, like many of us) when, while driving to visit mom, I had to stop my car to take a photo.

A beautiful Gray Heron was just in front of me, 30 meters from the road. This is my very first photo of 2019

Caption - A Gray Heron on the field on January First -  Local Guide @ermestCaption - A Gray Heron on the field on January First - Local Guide @ErmesT

Sometime you have to listen to the message that the life is sending to you, so I did.

Last Sunday we decided to visit "Laguna del mort" a natural area on the seaside, between the beaches of Eraclea and Jesolo.

In 20 minutes walk you can reach the area, a small lagoon, with a lot of maritime pines.

Caption: different views of Laguna del Mort, natural area - Local guide @ermestCaption: different views of Laguna del Mort, natural area - Local guide @ErmesT

The walk was easy, despite the cold, and we found some interesting bird. Taking photos in this kind of places is very interesting, because you can challenge yourself in several different ways. Sunset is beautiful on Adriatic sea, when the sun is falling down on the sea, the golden colour is everywhere, on the sea and on the dry grass.

We were fortunate, and it was possible to see a lot of birds around us: Grey Herons, a Stork, a lot of different Seagulls and some Little Egret were flying around.

Caption: Birds on Laguna del Mort - Local Guide @ermestCaption: Birds on Laguna del Mort - Local Guide @ErmesT

In summertime the area is a Naturist beach, very crowded, but from October to April the place is perfect, if you want to relax and take photos.

Another beautiful place for natural photos is, just on the other side of the river, the Venetian Lagoon. Here a photo from last winter

Caption: a sparrow in Venetian LagoonCaption: a sparrow in Venetian Lagoon

What about you, which kind of photos do you like to take?

50 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Laguna del Mort (Venetian area) - Birdwatching in Winter

Hey @ErmesT,

As always absolutely amazing post, thanks for sharing with us.

I am not a good photographer at all but I love photos of birds as well. I think that it is really hard to take a good photo of a bird but you did it, bravo! From this post my favorite one is a sparrow in Venetian Lagoon photo.

I would like to tag @PoliMC here and I am sure that she will share some good shot too. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @ErmesT

The name of the place is creepy, but I have to admit that the pictures are quite cool and I found a lot of similarities with an area close to where I lived in Tuscany, the natural park of Migliarino and San Rossore

It's a huge area next to the Tirrenic sea that touches the province of Pisa and Viareggio. There are some protected species like herons and deer and also a naturist beach next to Viareggio.

If you ever got the chance to plan a trip there let me know and I will be happy to give you some advice. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Wonderful photography @ErmesT

Bird Photography needs lots of passion, energy and time. 

I like the photography that you share with us. 

#LetsGuide

#LocalGuides | #LetsGuide | #Bangladesh |#BangladeshLocalGuides | #SoundOfBeautifulBangladesh
Connect Moderator

Thank you to the link @Sorbe.

I will visit it for sure, next time when I will go to Pisa again. Tirrenic sea is a part of the country that I didn't visited too much, apart of Cinqueterre, that I love

Hi @Ivi_Ge,

Thank you so much for tagging me! 

@ErmesT you took amazing photos! I think spontaneous photos are the best. I am photography lover as well and I love to take photos of nature and of people. The landscapes are my favorite. I can see in your photos that you took them with passion and from the heart. 

I am curious which camera did you use and which lens? I am using Panasonic Lumix and have the macro lens for such photos.

Here I will share with you two of my photos of birds:

Caption: A photo of  sparrow on the tree (Local Guide @PoliMC)Caption: A photo of sparrow on the tree (Local Guide @PoliMC)Caption: A photo of seagull (Local Guide @PoliMC)Caption: A photo of seagull (Local Guide @PoliMC)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 1

@ermest I am delighted,
Everything looks very beautiful and natural. Traced your style.

I can be your guide for the "West side" and you can be mine for the "East side" @ermest.

Cinque Terre are my place to be whenever I need to recharge my batteries. I like all of them, but I have a soft spot for Manarola.

Caption: View of Manarola ( Italy), the first of Cinque Terre if you coming from TuscanyCaption: View of Manarola ( Italy), the first of Cinque Terre if you coming from Tuscany

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @Fikus,

Just as a reminder that you can tag Connect members in your posts by writing @ before their name so they can receive this way a notification and know that you are trying to communicate with them directly.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Love your photos @PoliMC

I am using a Sony bridge camera, with a 24-1200 mm zoom. Not the best with low light, but very easy to bring with you everywhere.

The most important thing that I love, in this kind of activity, is the silence. Walking in the nature, not disturbing the birds, is a good exercise.