Idemudia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Lagos International Drinks Festival 2018

As a fulfilled promise made to @MortenSI and @SarahKa I was in attendance at the Lagos International Drinks festival 2018 where over 100brands of drinks were showcased.

The festival was organized by the Balmoral Group at the Federal Palace Hotel, Lagos, Nigeria.

Caption: Balmoral Event CentreCaption: Balmoral Event Centre

It spans 4days (Nov 29th -  Dec 3rd) with some fun seekers trooping in for window shopping as well as some having a taste of their favorite spirit drinks. 

Caption: The original aromatic schnappsCaption: The original aromatic schnapps

Caption: Action Bitters,  a locally made drinkCaption: Action Bitters, a locally made drink

Caption: Chelsea Dry GinCaption: Chelsea Dry Gin

Locally made drinks on display include Chelsea london dry gin, Action Bitters, Origin, Eagle Schnapps (The Original Aromatic Schnapps😀

Caption: Squadron and DeROK ready for a sipCaption: Squadron and DeROK ready for a sip

Caption: Soft drinks for the light headedCaption: Soft drinks for the light headed

Caption: In the Spirit of VodkaCaption: In the Spirit of Vodka

Caption: A display of some of the products from Bigi GroupCaption: A display of some of the products from Bigi Group

There were also lots to eat and drink, (including smoothies)  with great music.

For more photos,  please use the link below:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rFxZD981U7Ak1sr59

Federal Palace, Ahmadu Bello Way, Lagos, Nigeria
18 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Lagos International Drinks Festival 2018

Hi @Idemudia,

You did it!

This is really great, thank you so much for sharing. The festival looks awesome, I wish I could have been there and taste everything myself. I would especially like to get my hands on that dry gin, it looks very interesting.

Did you try all the spirits available, and which one was your favorite?   

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hey @Idemudia,

Thanks a lot for sharing these photos from the Lagos International Drinks Festival. I'm sure you had fun there tasting the different drinks 🙂

I hope you won't mind if I relabel your post to Food & Drink

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

You're welcome @MortenSI

Lagos is one of the cities in Nigeria where fun seekers mostly converge towards the end of the year. The festival was exciting.

I so wish I could taste everything but unfortunately,  I have a light head for alcohol😀. Most of the drinks have 10-40% alcohol content. So, I tried to be alert throughout the event. 😉

Though,  I had a taste of some such as the action bitters, Chelsea dry gin and this one below: IMG_20181130_153510.jpg

My favorite happens to be the Action Bitters because of its herbal mixture and it also boost sexual potency. 😀

You could try some you know.. 

Level 8

Hey @KatyaL

You're welcome. 

No qualms. I prefer it. Thanks. 

Maybe it was a good thing that you didn't try everything then @Idemudia. I guess it's better to try a few things and still be able to remember the whole event. 

I'm a huge fan of bitters myself, and I use various versions of it to spice up my drinks the way I see fit. My favorites for this time of year would be the orange bitters and chocolate bitters, as I think they go very well with the Christmas spirit.

The NPK looks interesting, is it a form of premixed bottled cocktail?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Wow! Nice to know you love bitters @MortenSI I also love them too.

I don't think I have seen the orange or chocolate bitters in this part of the world. I would have loved to try some.

The NPK can be referred to as a rhum, made from processed sugar cane juice.

The cocktail 🍸 mix is the one below:IMG_20181130_161410.jpg

I see @Idemudia, these mixers are great for making tropical drinks.  

I haven't been able to get the "Orologo" out of my head.

What happened to their stand at the festival? 

Level 8

You mean 'Ogogoro'  @MortenSI 😀

Its the locally made dry gin. Unfortunately,  I couldn't see any of their stand. The Chelsea dry gin taste almost same with it.  It has similar tastes to Vodka which is a foreign product. 

Yes @Idemudia, I must have remembered wrong :).

You learn something new every day. I had no idea it was a dry gin, i thought it was a kind of strong and spicy spirit like schnapps. 

Nonetheless I really hope I get to try it some day.  

I was wondering about those Squadron and DeROK bottles hanging upside down. 

Are they very close to the camera, or are they just really huge?