Re: #LGSummit16 - recap, video and more

yap...wish same here 🙂 @MichelChammas

Level 1

Thanks

Hl, i am also happy being with you on LG hope to keep on with you 

thanks

@ChanchhayaN wrote:

Hello Local Guide Connect,

Happy to see you on LGSummit16. We are from Cambodia. Nice to know all you here. 

@ChanchhayaN wrote:

Hello Local Guide Connect,

Happy to see you on LGSummit16. We are from Cambodia. Nice to know all you here. 

Level 9

I Don't know, how to express my innermost feelings but really happy to see you all in a amazing place.All are looking respledent(my dream place for me). I don't know, when it will happen but i hope,i will see this place one day.

@AnoukV wrote:

Hi all,

Our first ever Local Guides Summit took place two weeks ago in the San Francisco Bay Area and what an incredible couple of days it was. Highlights were meeting and interacting with 75 Level 5 Local Guides from 37 countries, some traveling as far as 22,000 miles (Reunion Island) to attend, as well as having the Vice President of Google Maps, Jen Fitzpatrick, share her vision and how Local Guides play a key role in improving the map for everyone. Check out this article in Business Insider that celebrates Local Guides and their impressive contributions.  

Group pic1.JPG

Even though 75 Local Guides actually participated, we hope others managed to follow along on the fun on social. Check out the #LGSummit16 social feed in case you missed it. Here is a little recap of what took place:

• On day 1 the whole crew headed to Googleplex in Mountain View bright and early for a morning of Google Maps inspiration, featuring a keynote by head of Google Maps Jen Fitzpatrick, a panel with Googlers working on user-generated content, a talk by a Street View engineer about the past, present and future of Street View and an eye-opening talk by Rebecca Moore who works on projects to improve the world through Maps. In the afternoon we had a series of breakout sessions led by product managers and engineers on topics such as Google My Business and saving places to lists. We ended a very busy day with a BBQ on campus with food, games and mingling.

Jen Fitzpatrick, VP of Google MapsJen Fitzpatrick, VP of Google MapsLocal Guides visiting GoogleplexLocal Guides visiting Googleplex

• On day 2 we spent the morning in the San Francisco office in two panels learning from Local Guides community managers about their day to day and getting some tips from star meet-up hosts. We also learned more about how to take nice quality photos with your mobile and took part in a product feedback session. In the afternoon we headed out into the Mission District to discover some local independent businesses, from artisan chocolate makers to a micro-brewery. We closed the summit with a bang over drinks, burgers and s'mores, following by some bowling. 

Local Guides visiting the Cheese School on the Geo WalkLocal Guides visiting the Cheese School on the Geo WalkClosing party at the Mission Bowling Club in San FranciscoClosing party at the Mission Bowling Club in San Francisco

[video]

And here are all the official photos from the Summit.

It was an incredible inaugural summit, all due to the passion and enthusiasm of the Local Guides present. We'll keep you posted about our plans for next year

Bk gajendra
Level 7

Hope to be with you the next time 🙂

Level 7

Would like to meet you all there in 2017 🙂  Glad to be a part of this community. I'm A huge google fan and a map enthusiast. 

Level 9

Re : #LGSummit16 - recap, video and more

Hello @AnoukV

Cella donne vraiment envie de participer !

See you later

Level 10

You should think on doing one for the European participants also... Everything Google does is always in the US, therefore almost imposible for Europeans to be able to assist... Think on that, Europe has lots of Local Guides that also want to check this out...

JGordicho
Former Google Contributor

Hi @JGordicho, out of the 75 attendees at this year's Summit, 26 of them came from Europe. It was important for us to have an even representation of nationalities and backgrounds. Look out for updates about next year's summit early next year! 

Level 10

Understand, but the Local Guides from Europe paid for their expenses or they were invited? Because, both plane tickets and stays are a cost that could be avoided if you make some international Summits in different parts of the world, instead of centralizing it all in the US.

JGordicho
Former Google Contributor

@JGordicho This was an all expenses paid trip for all attendees (including flights, hotel stay and food for 3 days).