JohnPeter's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

LG session – Visakhapatnam Recap (28/11/2018)

I had a great privilege to attend the LG session meetup at Visakhapatnam and I consider this as the best perk from google.

The meeting was held at The Eatery, Four Points by Sheraton on 28/11/2018 at 12.00pm to 2.00pm. Mr. Nitesh Verma, Googler and the organizer of the event welcomed us warmly and given a brief introduction about the event.

IMG_20181128_120533.jpg

It was a boundless pleasure to meet and the session with Mr. Analghosh, the product manager of google map. A very simple person with immense knowledge. Including myself,  there were 8 local guides attended this event. Surprisingly I met  Mrs. Jeyalakshmi Rao and Mr. Nirmal my friends through LG connect.

We had a quality time learning more about google map features, received clarification and given feedback.  The time has gone very quickly and we had delicious meals while having the discussion.

IMG_20181128_134716.jpg

Within this short time personally, I have gained a lot of new insights especially, learned about newly introduced features like road editing and explore options, offline editing etc. Our suggestions and opinions were also recorded. Thanks to Mr.  Analghosh, Mr. Nitesh Verma and all the participants for making this event fruitful.

IMG_20181128_143103.jpg

Further, participants also formed an LG WhatsApp group and organized an unofficial photo walk meetup immediately after the session with Googlers (Four of the LG left due to other appointments).  We have visited some important places like INS Kursura Submarine Museum, Navy Aircraft Museum, and the beach.  

IMG_20181128_144144.JPG

It is one of the best memorable events in my life and a great boost to my contribution as a local guide. Hope and wish to see such events take place in all part of India and the world to encourage and enhance local guides.

IMG_20181128_174550 (1).jpg

Thanks you,

John Peter

12 comments
Level 10

Re: LG session – Visakhapatnam Recap (28/11/2018)

@NirmalTeja  , analghoshambrishvarshney 

Level 9

Wow @JohnPeter what great Visakhapatnam Recap.

Level 9

Hello @JohnPeter memorable meet up for us ,first meet up and with huge success,miss you.Thank you for sharing with us...

Connect Moderator

Congratulations! @JohnPeter

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Namskar..

@JohnPeter and all Attendees..

Congratulation to all for Successfully Meetup..

Recap and All your Photos are Nice..

Thanks for Sharing..

Regards From Mumbai.. 

Connect Moderator

Hello @JohnPeter, you mentioned "learned about newly introduced features like road editing and explore options, offline editing". Are you at liberty to share more details on that?

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 10

Dear @JanVanHaver,  thanks for showing interest,  those features are already introduced and are in use.  But I was not familiar with the feature,  but mr.@Analghos explained in a very simple and easy way. If you want to know more about the features I have learned, I can explain in details.  

Level 10

Thanks for the comments @Safdarrai@JanVanHaver@Shrut19, @NareshDarji, @NirmalTeja

Connect Moderator

@JohnPeter, you are referring to the road editing possibilities under 'Send feedback' right?

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply