PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

LG can fly - New York and New Jersey No Doors Feet Out Helicopter Flight

While I was in New York before Connect Live I boarded a FlyNYON helicopter for a scenic photography flight. These choppers fly without doors and you can hang your feet out of the chopper. It was an awesome experience and gave me a great photographic vantage point. Most of this video is shot from my second camera held between my knees. It was great to be a flying Local Guide over New York and New Jersey.

6 comments
Level 10

Re: LG can fly - New York and New Jersey No Doors Feet Out Helicopter Flight

Incredible adventure @PaulPavlinovich 🙂

Google Moderator

Wow, that's literally a breathtaking video, @PaulPavlinovich - I was holding my breath most of the time!

Weren't you afraid of the height or that you might drop your camera? I'd be really weak in the knees.

Astounding view, though, thank you for sharing. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Wow @PaulPavlinovich such an adventure! I'm jealous! I want to try out!

Can you share the cost of this service?

Next time, please, hold a loooong selfie stick and mount on the top your Ricoh TYhetya V, this could be more amazing!!!

OT: The title of this thread, incidentally, reminds me my video:

Connect Moderator

@Osaka78forTRUMP tons of fun - expensive game but I heartily recommend it - knowing @TraciC has lead me to try more things because as she says YOLO 🙂

@DeniGu I abseil (repel) from buildings so I'm used to heights :). There's no chance of dropping anything. They fix a handle and a tether to everything you take up. The tether clips to your harness. Your harness is clipped to the chopper via a quick release.

@LucioV you can't have a selfie stick of any kind, you aren't even allowed to put your arms up in the air - the cost varies a lot between time of year and time of day - they also have an interesting tactic which I think is somewhat bullying - the initial booking was US$159. They form you up into groups to fly. They take your group in for a safety briefing and at the end of the briefing they tell you that you can extend your flight for another $75 if everyone agrees. Those that want to will quickly get their cash out, but they leave you to think about it with your group. If anyone in the group is struggling to afford it they will probably get pressured into it by peer pressure. That flight suit of yours looks like fun too.

Level 10

Yes @PaulPavlinovich I can understand, for security reasons nothing that could leave your hands easily could be placed outside the helicopter. Correct and obvious.

The same applies to the flying suite experience 😉

Seems not so expensive, but I have to agree with your thoughts on the marketing leverage... Did you mentioned in a Google Maps Review? 🙂

Connect Moderator

You can put your hands out, but not up @LucioV they worry that you might hit the blades and bring the aircraft down. The company had a crash in 2016 that was caused by a passenger who turned off the fuel unintentionally.

I have not reviewed FlyNYON just yet, I'm still working through all the places I went a few at a time as I get their photos together. I'll get them all done soon :).