AdyAouili's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

LG Summit 2018 Total Applications

Greetings Local Guides !!!

As you all noticed , the main interest for us during the last weeks was the application for the California 2018 Summit in October ! 

It's first announcement was a very happy surprise for us. Thousands of people were on fire trying to show the best of them .

As all the Local Guides were so excited, thousands of articles and posts were published on Connect , Facebook , Twitter and all the other social media platefroms.

On Connect, the post of @TraciC only got more than 3K kudoes and almost 4K comments .Screenshot_20180503-013736.png

Screenshot_20180503-013723.png

I Guess the concurrence will be at it's Top this year ! 

The Results will be revealed in the 20th of June 2018.

Best of luck to everyone !

Alan Einthoven 

Tunis,Tunisia

Tunisia
73 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: LG Summit 2018 Total Applications

@AdyAouili @CarolinaNobrega We're glad the community was so energized over this year's application process! As a note, this year's event is called Connect Live (the 2016 and 2017 events were called the Summit). We will not be releasing numbers on how many people applied, however, we aim to invite a diverse audience of 150 attendees who are enthusiastic about Google Maps.

View solution in original post

Level 5

OMG!! Some months ago I didn't even know about it...

I just noticed the magnitude of it when I received the e-mail talking about the Summit!!! 

Former Google Contributor
Solution

@AdyAouili @CarolinaNobrega We're glad the community was so energized over this year's application process! As a note, this year's event is called Connect Live (the 2016 and 2017 events were called the Summit). We will not be releasing numbers on how many people applied, however, we aim to invite a diverse audience of 150 attendees who are enthusiastic about Google Maps.

Level 7

I  cant guess it.

Its big event, so many LG waiting the event come this year.

Level 5

@brittym, I confess I`m a little lost with with all these nomenclature, but at least I said the right name in my video!! LOL

Level 10

Hahahahaha, I think you have some good point here. What you said is absolutely true.

Level 10

@AdyAouili

Nice observation

BM63
Level 7

Is there anyway to find out if our application was received???  I submitted the application portion and my video was posted on YouTube; but quite frankly, I second guess myself A LOT, unless I have a written (electronic or formal) receipt, it makes me worry about whether or not I completed my application correctly.

Level 9

You Will Receive An Email Confirmation Soon, If Not Already.  Happy Mapping.

ThaTruthSeka
Level 7

@SACHRISTENSEN

I'm afraid the only way to know if your application is actually submitted or no is the email that you shall receive from Google team in the ten days after your application .

This is a screen capture of the email that i got from them 

You should receive one very soon if your application was submitted

Please try to keep your mail always up to date and check it from time to time.Screenshot_20180503-201805.png