VictorOmebije's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: LEVEL 10 LOCAL GUIDES

Congrats. Hope we will see many more such posts from other users in the days to come

Level 9

Congratulations

@VictorOmebije wrote:

Hi guys.... I am Now Level 10... What a great feeling it is to achieve such a mile stone. Only in March 2017 (5 months ago), I made my 2 Contribution (2 points) to google map but since then, it became an addiction i just that I couldn't resist and in the midst of exploring the google map, I came across great people like @SanyaOdare, @HelloSamsonR and I also saw the great works of @OnyedikaBenjaminJ... These guys inspired me greatly... Contributing to Google Map is no longer just a passion or fun but has become more of an "OBLIGATION" knowing that many people may just depend on that "LITTLE & ACCURATE" detail to make a difference.

I later found myself on the Local Guides Connect while clicking my way on Google search just to understand this new passion of mine and Here I was able to connect with those whose contributions I had seen and it was such an amazing feeling. I met other amazing friends like @Mayford, @OSAMA, @DiAnaUS, and many others from all across the "Googleverse" and I even got to know about many cultures and practices across many nations such as the "Rat Temple in India". Articles and posts from @TraciC, @AnnaDickson and @GusMoreira have really shaped and enlightened me about the Local Guides Programme... I'm glad to be here

I like to accord a special thanks to one of my greatest inspiration and model @U-royFelixA. You have been so amazing.

#Make-A-Difference-Today!!!

Vimal
Level 10

wow congratulation @VictorOmebije please share your secret how to achieve the highest level in very short time 😉

Level 10

HI BRO

big congratulation and keep contributing to google map 🙂

best wishes ahead

tc 🙂

Level 10

congratulation

Level 10

(fun post)

You must be dreaming of welcoming me in level 10 @VictorOmebije. hahaha. lol.

Its motivational thread. I will be taking years to reach in level 10. 🙂

Level 4

Well done, it's people like you that inspire me and on a practical level make it easy for me to move around the globe. Where are you located?

Level 2

I'm confused about this...  What do we actually get for leveling up?  Google keeps talking about perks but the most I see is a little badge that's akin to a star on my forehead in kindergarten.  Am I missing something?  I guess I was hoping for something a little more tangible...  I sure hope my employer doesn't start paying me with emoji's.

Level 10

Congrats! It is your handwork! Keep exploring!

jojo
Level 4

I am not confused we the general public have built many companies including Trip Advisor, Bookings.com and google with our free reviews and postings. We have done this for free, there is no reward except the little badges. It would be good for these companies that make huge profits each year to reward those that contribute. As a very successful owner manager once said 'everyone is rewarded in his company because their work no matter how small contributes to the companies profits including cleaners and casual staff'. We are in fact like casual staff that Google and others absolutely relies on. But they chose not to reward. My reward is that I travel a lot and rely on your reviews and that of others as to wether I should eat in a particular restaurant or stay in a hotel. Even whether I should use a particular car company or if others are with me, is accessibility to the building and its facilities sufficient. So I don't worry about not getting a reward, google etc is not my priority.  When I am busy I don't load tons of useful information or photos and sometimes its tiny review rather than details because we must seek reward and pay elsewhere. I have noticed that some of the local guides on high levels add little content and their reviews are not particularly helpful. That is what happens with free, it lacks quality and detail and people rely on it less thus devaluing google and the likes as a useful resource. So @edsp the reward is having more freely available information in this era of information overload.