Abdullahi_cap's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Kuli Kuli : Nigerian (Hausa ) Snack.

In my recent posts, i talked about my visit to Minna, Northern Nigeria. I was going to talk about a snack i fell in love with. Despite all snacks this has always stand out for me. This snacks can be gotten in any part of the country, but particularly in the North the way it taste is different from others, very very sweet. I brought some to my friends in South West of Nigeria recently and were like wow! This tastes different. It called Kuli Kuli (in Hausa language). It is made from roasted groundnuts/peanuts , mixed with some other spices which may include salt, ground Chilli pepper, Ginger(Optional), Vegetable oil. After it has been mixed it been grounded together and molded to any shape. I prefer the one with irregular shape. 

kuli kulikuli kuli

Packaged  kuli kuliPackaged kuli kuli

Kuli kuli is one of the crunchy snack that brings back lovely childhood memories.😀 Wont you rather give it a try

@TraciC  @EmekaUlor @Sagir @iGana

13 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Kuli Kuli : Nigerian (Hausa ) Snack.

Hi @Abdullahi_cap

Thank you for sharing this Nigerian snack with us. How about the taste as you have mentioned the chili? Do you like spicy things in general?

When I was in Nigeria, I have tried biltong and I really liked it. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 10

I missed getting one for myself the day you presented it as I was a bit in a hurry! I won't miss another

Always happy improving the maps and connect here!
Level 10

@Abdullahi_cap Yea, it’s really a nice snack and I love it too. Thanks for sharing 

Level 8

Thanks for sharing @Abdullahi_cap I remember during my primary and secondary school days. This is one of my favourite cookies when am eating Soaked Garri.

@Abdullahi_cap let me help you mention that this type of snacks can be eating alongside with some of our local meals for example Garri and Ogi (Pap). It can be eating on its own or with a drinks of your choice.

I still enjoy eating Kuli Kuli till now especially the spicy ones.

Level 8

That true. When I was going back to school some of my relatives gave them to me. 

Level 10

Level 7

Wow!

Kuli kuli my favorite snack when going to school during my primary and secondary days. Once forgotten in short pockets then you probably gonna have holes in it. Wonderful memories!

Thanks @Abdullahi_cap for sharing 

Level 4

@Abdullahi_cap. Thanks for sharing, it's really a nice snacks 

Level 4

Nice write up @Abdullahi_cap,

•  Do you also know that Kuli-Kuli is a popular snacks in countries like Benin Republic, Northern Cameroon and Ghana. 
  • It's also an easy snack to make, Peanuts are first roasted and grounded into a paste called "LABU". Species, Salt and grounded pepper (optional tho!) are then mixed with the paste which is then shaped into desire shape/size and fried until it solidifies and BOOM....Kuli Kuli is made and ready to be eaten ( it can be eaten alone or with other food)

FYI: Kuli-Kuli is known as "Africa Peanuts Cake"