kraju's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Kudos badge..??

Hi, 

Dear friends what is badges and kudos, is it necessary or beneficial to take these points??

Raju K

India
9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 7
Solution

Re: Kudos badge

Hi, Annette here!  See the little heart on the left sign of your screen, bottom.  If you are reading someone's words, or looking at a photo.  If you happen to agree, or love the photo, press the heart.  It highlights.  As I have just done for you.  Happy reading!

View solution in original post

Level 9

Re: Kudos badge..??

Follow the link mention below,

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/help/faqpage

@kraju

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Thanks Deepak ☺

Level 7
Solution

Hi, Annette here!  See the little heart on the left sign of your screen, bottom.  If you are reading someone's words, or looking at a photo.  If you happen to agree, or love the photo, press the heart.  It highlights.  As I have just done for you.  Happy reading!

Level 8

Thanks Annette 👍

Level 5

That's awesome! What a cool badge! I love giving them and have handed out a bunch but I hadn't realized what I was actually doing until right now.  I mean I realized that I was saying to the individual that I liked what they had written but giving them a badge on top of that is totally cool!

Jimmy Theurer
Level 10

KUDO is just like LIKE. Depending upon how many Kudos you got from fellow LGs, different badges are given at different point of times.

Level 9

Kudos are required for Badges and achieve level in next in local guid...

This is same as Facebook's Like Button...

Vikas Kumawat
Level 8

@AnnetteM

Hola, lei tu publicacion, dejame decirte que no veo ningun corazon, en todas estas publicaciones, ni en las propuestas o proyectos de Local Guides en Connect. Solo vi uno y Estoy aqui desde 2016 en forma discontinuada. Te escribo a ti , pues dices que enviaste uno , un corazon debajo a la izquierda, yo no veo nada. Solo recibo Kudos y tengo pendiente darselos a varias personas. Es como buscar a Wally, con el perdon de la comparacion. Saludos cordiales 

Luana Lima

LuaPL
Level 9

Hi @kraju,

I like the fact that you asked this question because many new local guides on connect may not even be aware that there is a Kudo  and a Badge!

Honestly, when I joined connect last year I didn't notice it at first, I discovered it by accident and learned what it is by using it, am sure you will get the full knowledge of it soon as well. 

What is a judo and a Badge?

kudo is a like button represented by a heart symbol, when you read someone's post and the post makes a lot of sense or interests you, you can click on the heart to show that you liked the comment or contributions the person has made. Also when you, yourself post something worthwhile, another community members on connect will like it too...

Badge is a collection of all your kudoes. As your kudoes increases (both the ones you received and the ones you have given), your badge level increases too. There are several badges too. Badge for your first 5 posts on connect, badge for your first 100 kudos or likes by connect community members, badges for giving a good answer to a question asked by another connect members etc. All these badges increases as you garner more from connect by your involvement and contributions. 

In summary, Badges and Kudos are used to measure your activities on connect...

I am hoping you find this answer helpful.

Welcome to connect, have a wonderful stay.

Anita

A-Beta