GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Known issue: Writing Reviews on Google Maps on Desktop

UPDATE: The issue has been fixed. We appreciate your patience.

Hi Local Guides,

We are receiving some reports that some are unable to leave reviews on Desktop. Thanks you very much for your feedback!

Our team is investigating the issue and will share updates in this post until we fix the issue.

In the meantime we recommend you to use the Google Maps app on Android or iOS to post your reviews

We appreciate your patience

PS. This post has been locked for new replies. If you are experiencing a similar issue, please create a new post.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
11 comments

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Re: Can Not Write Review from My PC

Hello everyone, we appreciate your patience.

The issue has been fixed and all users should be able to write reviews on Google Maps on all platforms.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Level 10

Can Not Write Review from My PC

When I am trying to write a review from my PC it is showing the following message:

gg.JPG

...and I can not write the review. But I am able to write review from my Android mobile app.

My LG link - Dibyayan Chakravorty

Connect Moderator

Hi @DibyayanC is this a work machine or a home machine? Sometimes work firewalls and proxy servers can cause issues with the Maps API. It could also happen on a home computer which has various firewall software or browser acceleration software or privacy software (e.g. TOR) as the server will think the request is coming from somewhere else and will reject it.

Regards Paul

Level 10

Hi @PaulPavlinovich,

This is my home PC. I have written more than 1,000 reviews so far. Never occurred this error. From today morning I am facing this error. My OS is Windows 10 Professional, I use windows' default firewall and my browser is Google Chrome.

There is no error occurring in my phone, but when I am using my PC this things are happening.

Connect Moderator

Hello,

Have you cleared Chrome's cache?  And have you rebooted your computer?

After doing those steps, try leaving a review via an incognito window, as that turns off all your plugins.

As a note, since this is not a mapping issue, I'm going to move your post to an appropriate sub-forum.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

Google reviews not working?

Hello Everyone! 

Are you guys able to write a review? seems like there is a bug going on.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Level 10

Re: Google reviews not working?

Mine seems broken, too. I can click the stars, but nothing happens. I'm sure they'll fix it soon, though.

Level 8

Re: Google reviews not working?

Level 10

Re: Known issue: Writing Reviews on Google Maps on Desktop

@GusMoreira Thanks for your valuable info. 

Hi @DibyayanC, I merged your post to Known issue: Writing Reviews on Google Maps on Desktop thread as it is more appropriate for your issue. Please keep an eye on the thread for all updates. Thank you.