KlaudiyaG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Known Issue: Zero views on reviews Last update: [10/October/18]

Caption: An illustration of an Android holding a hat, sitting at a laptop with tools.Caption: An illustration of an Android holding a hat, sitting at a laptop with tools.Hello everybody,

We've been getting some reports from Local Guides experiencing issues with the Review View Counts Decreasing on Google Maps in the last few days. 

Our team is aware of the issue and is already working on a fix. We will keep this post updated.

Update [10/October/18]: Our engineering teams implemented a fix and this issue is now resolved. The views of the reviews should be updated in the next few days. If anyone is still experiencing the same discrepancy following this period, do let us know by replying to this thread.

Thank you in advance for you patience!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

65 comments
Level 9

Re: [UPDATE 2/2/18] Known Issue: Impact badge counts not updating

Hello Bruce

I just noticed my reviews stats went from approximately 41,000 (or 48,000) to 1,500 mid week to 0 (zero) yesterday.

I just posted about this in the thread regarding a sudden zero count by @NadyaDM 

It's just that when I  review a place and want to take photos I show the review and photographs stats counts to the owners of the places I want to review. 

That way they know how Local Guides' reviews are viewed in the thousands!!

Thanks in advance,

Kol

Level 7

Problem with review count

Hi there 

I seem to have a problem with the count on on how many views I've had on reviews. It was at around 50,000 and today said zero. Just checked an hour ago and now says only 24 views. Can anybody please help. Thank you 

Level 7

Reviews on goggle maps views have gone to 0

Hi I had 36000 views on my reviews on google maps and now it shows I have zero views.  

I have sent feedback mail to google and had no reply.

can anyone help me to sort out this issue. 

I would appreciate your help.

Level 9

Re: Problem with review count

Hi @Tom007:

Thanks for pointing this out. I just noticed this on my Android device as well.

Can you provide a bit more details so that I can escalate this issue to the team? 

Let me know your OS (android or ios and version) and also Maps version.

Thank you! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 9

Re: Reviews on goggle maps views have gone to 0

Hi @Manj80

Thanks for bringing this up. I have noticed this on my device as well.

Can you provide a bit more details? Are you using Android or iOS and which version of the operating system? 

Please also provide the Maps version that you're using.

I'll also be merging your post with another user's post who has noticed this.

Thank you!

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 7

Hi Shirley I'm running Android 8.0.0 I'm not sure of the version on maps but only updated a week or so ago. Thank you for the reply

Level 9

Thanks for the info @Tom007. Did you check to see if there is a newer version of Maps? 

For future, to find the version, you can go to settings of your phone > Apps > Maps > then you should be able to find the version.

I've informed the team of the issue and also let them know that you'll have details on your Android version in this thread for them to refer to.

Thanks for your patience! 🙂

Level 10

Re: Meet the Google Moderators

why disappear >150.000 views of my reviews ?

Level 10

Hi @Shirley  I have the exact same issue. My reviews view count went from 488,099 at 9pm on Mon 10/1 to 2,902 at 9pm on Tues 10/2 to  0 (zero) at 9am today 10/3. It then started to slowly build back up. Right now, 8.45pm 10/3 it is up to 2,066 and very slowly increasing by the minute. I would suspect there is some sort of Google maintenance going on and eventually the count will build back up (I hope) to the correct level.  For you information I am using Maps V9.87.3 which was updated on 9/26. I am using a Samsung S9+ with Android 8.0.0  

Hope this helps, Regards, Koby

@Tom007 @Manj80