GeorgesHR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Known Issue: [RESOLVED] Prompt to write reviews for already reviewed places.

Caption: An illustration of an Android holding a hat, sitting at a laptop with tools.Caption: An illustration of an Android holding a hat, sitting at a laptop with tools.Hello Local Guides,

EDIT: 18.02.19 - Issue, should now be resolved. Please allow the system at least 24 hours for the changes to implement.

It has come to our attention that Google Maps, on both mobile and desktop, is prompting Local Guides to review places that they already made a review for.

Going to Your Contributions tab, you may see places you already reviewed. We would like to ask for your patience at this time as the team is looking into this and will resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

All updates on this issue will be posted in this thread. Thank you again!

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
51 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Known Issue: Prompt to write reviews for already reviewed places.

Hello everyone,

The relevant team reported that this issue should now be fixed. We ask you to give the system at least 24 hours, so the changes can implement.

Thanks for your patience! 

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

ATTENTION PLEASE - ISSUE IN WRITING REVIEWS

Hi Local Guides

I have just noticed an Issue, that appeared months ago:

Google Maps (both desktop and app) may ask you to rate places that you have already rated and or reviewed.

Please check if you have already reviewed a POI, before to rate it. I never tried, but last time, when it happened, the previous review was overwritten, deleting / replacing the old one

stars.JPG

Pleasy reply here if you are having the same issue

Thank you

Level 10

Re: ATTENTION PLEASE - ISSUE IN WRITING REVIEWS

Hi @ErmesT ,

You're right I face to this situation today and I rewrote my review

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT I noticed it in November last year because Manchester Local Guides just had their November meet up and I was trying to review the places we've been to when I got prompted to rate a place I was pretty sure I reviewed before. Had the same effect where I lost the review. I was annoyed but didn't give it much thought because I've had similar problems before where I was losing reviews. At that time (years ago), I asked a Google about it and was told that they were transferring the database from the old system to a new one and it could possibly be a synching issue. I've always assumed I was the only one to have the problem

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Connect Moderator

The previous issue was reported in Connect @AdrianLunsong but unfortunately a lot of people already overwrote the reviews. This time I am trying to inform the LGs, as I noticed the issue a few hours ago, to try to minimise the impact, waiting for the issue to be fixed

Level 8

Noted and thanks. 

Samaila Alio
Level 10

@ErmesT, yes I am receiving prompts to do the review. I know I have done the review and checked and see it is still there. The prompts both on desktop and mobile and still showing. I'm ignoring them.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Level 9

Hello @ErmesT 

Thanks for raising this question, yeah i am also facing the same issue i already give reviews to many places but still those place comes in review category. 

Can you tell me the reason behind this issue, i am searching for the answer.

Connect Moderator

Hi @ErmesT 

I've just noticed its yesterday and reported moderator... I thought that is bug...

I wonder, why anybody didn't talk about this new feature before?