JeslynL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Known Issue: Points discrepancy between Local Guides Home and Google Maps app/desktop

Hi @Cocò, as a Local Guide, you earn points for sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps. Those points lead to higher levels of the program, as well as benefits like early access to Google features and special perks (Google Play perk) from partners. At Level 4, you also unlock your first Local Guides badge (Points, levels, and badging), which helps your contributions to places get noticed. If you haven’t, please sign up for updates by reviewing email preferences on your Local Guides settings page. Thank you and enjoy!

Level 6

Re: Mismatch points from app to website

Ya mine also seems like that.. may it took more than 24hrs to auto sync

Level 4

Re: My points aren't updating

Same issue here. I received an email confirming I'm a Level 3 Guide (minimum 75 points), but Local Guide Connect showed that I had only 70 points. Later in the day, I suggested an edit to a nearby place, and it is still under review, but since then, my points have reduced to 65! I don't know how this happened. Please help get this problem fixed. Thank you.

Level 2

What do you get for your points ?

Level 9

Re: Points

@DeJade55 wrote:

What do you get for your points ?

@DeJade55

Local Guides receive points based on their contributions on Google Maps. You can learn more about points in help center. As for the benefits, the points you earn relate to different levels and you can learn about the benefits for each level in help center, too.

Plz refer to the General Discussion board for more information. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.

Re: Mismatch between the counting of photos uploaded

Hi @RohitSadana, we are aware of the issue and we're working on resolving it as soon a possible. Any updates will be posted on this post (I've also moved your comment to that post as well).Sorry for any inconvenience!

Re: Mismatch points

Hi @KIRANMENATH,

I see @davidcox has helped you a bit with your main question.  As for your question regarding the 100GB for being a Level 4 LG, I wanted to inform you that the 100GB benefit ended in March 2017. You can see this post here on Connect which noted the adjustment to the program.  At this time, the available perk for reaching level 4 is a Google Play music/movie promotion. You may read more about this Google Play perk here. If you need the links to access this perk, feel free to PM me.

I am not available to respond on the weekend

Re: Way more points on Maps

@friasbros,

Thanks for holding - after some review it does appear that your issue is not unique across the community.  I have added you to a list of affected users that are having issues with point syncing. In the meantime, please refer to this thread over here  in which we are sure to post updates on this known issue.  We will update that thread as soon as the problem is resolved and then you should hopefully see your points syncing again. Of course, feel free to Tag me in any post if you feel like the issue is still unresolved. Thanks for your patience with this!

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 6

Incorrect Level and Points in Local Guide Home

My Local guide home is showing incorrect level and points as the contribution page is showing the correct points.

How can this be corrected?

Local Guide HomeLocal Guide Home    My ContributionMy Contribution

Level 10

Re: Incorrect Level and Points in Local Guide Home

Ajay, this is a known issue and Local Guides Team is resolving the issue. You can find more information and updates here - https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Known-Issue-Points-discrepancy-between-Loca... Keep contributing 🙂