BruceDM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Known Issue: Photo View Counts Not Updating on Google Maps

UPDATE 9/25/17 - The issue with photo counts has been resolved and your total photo view counts should be accurately reflected. Thank you all for your patience.

It has come to our attention that some Local Guides are not seeing their total photo view counts update. If, however, you view an individual image, you will see the correct photo view count for that individual image.

If you have been impacted, we ask for your patience at this time as the team is looking into this and will resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

All updates on this issue will be posted in this thread. Thank you again!

I am not available to respond on the weekend
184 comments

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Re: Known Issue: Photo View Counts Not Updating on Google Maps

Hello @TassiloK,

I'd like to share an update with you and all users who enjoy monitoring their View counts.  As i've mentioned before, the Overall View counts do not update daily but the Overall View count will update only when your photo views reach a milestone threshold. 

So that could take a day or it could take many days, depending on the how many views your photos receive daily and also the total amount of views you have aggregated in total. As an example, a Local Guide with only 10 photo views total is likely to see their Overall View count change a lot faster than someone like yourself with 68 Million (amazing!) views. The days it takes to reach a new milestone count is relative to the volume of views you already have and the amount of Google Maps viewers that are actually viewing your photos daily.

I am not available to respond on the weekend

View solution in original post

Level 9

Re: Photo Views Count not updating on Google Maps (Again)

@chipweiner  Best I can tell is there is nothing you can do other than being patient.  There are differences in mobile vs desktop and contribute vs this site. They know it, there are a lot of posts on this and the time frames vary but they do update. 

Level 10

Photo View numbers are not increasing in my contribution page

I have one observation in my contribution page. Can any one help????

The photo view numbers( rounded below in red color) are not increasing as it is been unchanged since from last few days. But I can see there are increase in view numbers in few photos which i have uploaded.    

contribution.jpg

Connect Moderator

Re: Photo View numbers are not increasing in my contribution page

Hi @TPattanaik counts usually sort themselves out in a few days. If the problem is still there three days from now please mention it again here.

Regards Paul

Level 10

Hi @TPattanaik,  sometimes it takes three to four days if not a week to get the views updated. It's especially true if they are upgrading to Google's servers!

Just wait and see! 

Bye,

davidhyno

Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich Yes the problem is still there.

Connect Moderator

Hi @TPattanaik so far you're the only person I've seen with the issue which suggests that it might just be a delay as @davidhyno has also mentioned sometimes it does take a long time.

Regards Paul

Level 10

Ok. Let see.

Level 7

Photo Views Count not updating on Google Maps

Photo views not updating. 

Re: Photo Views Count not updating on Google Maps

Hello @Nida. Thanks for sharing this with us. Is it individual photo view count or total photo view count that is not updating? Also, do you know when was the last time you see any update? Thanks!

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.