BruceDM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Known Issue: Photo View Counts Not Updating on Google Maps - 7/26/18

It has come to our attention that once again, Local Guides are not seeing their total photo view counts update. 

If you have been impacted, we ask for your patience at this time as the team is looking into this and will resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

All updates on this issue will be posted in this thread. Thank you again!

8/7 - UPDATE: A photo view count was just pushed and the views are expected to normalize within 24-48 hours. Please check your view counts and let us know if you are still witnessing any issues over the coming days.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
164 comments
Level 8

Photo Views Count not updating on Google Maps

I am not sure if it's only me, but my total photo views is stagnant for quite sometime, while the individual photo views are going up. How is that possible?

Level 10

Re: Photo Views Count not updating on Google Maps

Usually my total view count updates around 10:15 ET like clockwork, but it hasn't for the past week or so. This happens sometimes.

Level 10

This is known issue as google updating LGC and Maps that's why that happening that will sorted out soon.

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 8

Hi @Fadikar@OliverPeckham

I have faced the same problem till yesterday for about 15 days. My individual photo views have enormously increased but I'm unable to understand why my photo view count still remains same. I have posted here for many times, some said it will take some time. 

Yesterday my total count has updated after 12-15 days,but not fully updated, only 1200 views have added to total and nearly 10000veiws to be updated. So waiting to be updated.

Here my intention to say you that contribute continuously your count will be updated automatically.

I hope you understood what I mean to say.

Thanks

Jafar pasha

Level 8

Hello @Fadikar ,

Everyone is having the same problem that you've mentioned. I was watching it for last few months and what I've understood is, the overall count for photo views doesn't get updated even if one single photo view have increased. It will take some days or a week for the overall count to get updated.  Don't worry @Fadikar , you'll see the overall updated count within a few days.

Thankyou

Regards,

JUSTIN ALEX

South India

Level 9

Wait 100% will be updated

Level 10

I am also facing the same problem @Fadikar, @TEJASJANI, @JustinAlex, @Jafarpasha, @AmbrishVarshney.

Level 8

Same problems with me!! 

Level 7

Same here! Mine updated consistently daily, and now only once in 2-3 weeks! Been stuck at 593 photos and 1,751,833 views.... 

I'm sure they're on it though 🙂