BruceDM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Known Issue: Photo View Counts Not Updating on Google Maps - 7/26/18

Is this issue still going on?  I've been trying to earn my Expert photographer badge and by adding up my individual photo views I have a total of 160,888.  It is only saying I have 73,000-83,000 depending on what page I look at.  I get it being a little behind, but only showing HALF of my views?

Level 6

Hi there,

I’ve been effected with the losing viewers matter. I went from 10000+ view on my total timeline to Zero (0) view. So what’s going on? Any ideas?

Thank you for taking the time to read my comment.

F748B16D-A785-44EB-9DEE-2352807DB762.jpeg

Level 8

Seeing these issues since couple of weeks now ! 

1) Total photos view count under photos tab seems to be stuck - I can see that the views of individual pics is increasing, but it's not adding to my total photo view count under photos tab.

2) Total photos count under Photos tab and under Expert-photographer badge, do not match. The count under the badge is further lagging behind. Screenshot_20181008-210859.jpg

Screenshot_20181008-210904.jpg

Level 8

The first posting about this problem, was back in July 2018.
It's now the end of October, and this is still happening.
My counters were all updating nicely, until a few days ago.
One particular photograph has been getting hits by the thousand, and now suddenly it's not, it's stuck on 17, 973.
If google want contributions this needs to get fixed ASAP.

Level 8

No more counting on a photo

Hi there,

One of my photo's of a restaurant, which has 300k views already, aint counting any more for months now. How is that possible?  Restaunt still exits and the photo is on the "homepage" of the site.

gr.

Mikkie

Former Google Contributor

Re: No more counting on a photo

Hey @Mikkie,

Thanks for reaching out.

We had similar issue a while back. It has since been resolved and we did not notice any other mentions of it again.

My personal guess is that the views of your photo will update in time.

Please keep in mind that we are constantly monitoring the community for re-occurring issues and we take action on them immediately. As soon as we see more people noticing the same we will take the appropriate action.

I will move your post here - Known Issue: Photo View Counts Not Updating on Google Maps - 7/26/18, where you can read more about it.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

Re: No more counting on a photo

Hi @GeorgesHR,

Also another photo keeps stuck on 31k. I think almost for a year or so.  I'm curious it will update. Don't think so!

Level 7

My total view count has been stuck since yesterday, too.

Level 8

My hit count suddenly started to work a few days ago. 

Massive jumps in the count. 

The counter clearly does not update in real time. 

I still have one photo stuck on just under 18000.

Level 8

I too have the same issue 

Kishore Kumar