JeslynL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

[FIXED] Known Issue: Missing photos and points

UPDATE (09/14/2017) This issue has been fixed. All photos (including 360s) that adhere to the Maps photo policies have been reinstated and are now showing up correctly on POIs they were originally attributed to. Thank you for your patience while the team worked to resolve the issue.

This post has been locked for new replies. If you are experiencing a similar issue, please create a new post.

UPDATE (08/31/2017) Some of you may have seen your photos being reinstated. There are 2 issues that the team is aware of:

1. Your photos have been reinstated and you can see them under the "Photos" tab in "Your Contributions", but they are not showing up on the POI that they were originally attributed to.

2. Your photospheres are showing up as a placeholder.

We are working towards resolving it as quickly as we can and recommend not taking any actions (i.e. deleting it or reuploading the same photosphere) on it for the time being. 

UPDATE (08/29/2017) Hello everyone, we have received reports from Local Guides that photos have been disappearing from your Google Maps contributions and therefore seeing a loss in points. 

The team is looking into the issue right now and all updates will be posted here in this thread.

If you are one of those impacted, please share with us

• Are you experiencing this on Google Maps app (if so, Android or iOS?), Google Maps on desktop, or both?
  • How many photos you are missing?
  • When you first noticed the drop in points/missing photos?

We appreciate your patience while the team works to reinstate your photos and points it as quickly as we can.

Note:

Points are only awarded for photos that adhere to the Maps photo policies.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

188 comments
Level 10

[ISSUE] Published Photos are quickly disappearing; post here if you are experiencing same problem

Hi LG team, anyone knows if a new BOT or algorithm is running in these hours? I'm experiencing a quick loss of approved photos; also not published photos are disappearing.

Anyone else is experiencing this issue?

It's so sad... some unpublished photos are 360 that took more than half an hour to shoot, from places i reached climbing for 4 hours, and that needed more than 1 hour of work in postprocessing and stitching.

Thanks

Level 10

Re: Publised Photos are decreasing at a range of 1 for second

Oh dear.

Actually, the same thing is happening with me too.

About every ten or so seconds I lose one published photo.

I started at roughly 4,381 photos about an hour ago and now I'm at 4,318, steadily decreasing as I compose this post too. Ooh, I wonder what's going on. I hope you're enjoying your summer holidays Lucio!

Level 10

@Briggs wrote:

Oh dear.

Actually, the same thing is happening with me too.

About every ten or so seconds I lose one published photo.

I started at roughly 4,381 photos about an hour ago and now I'm at 4,318, steadily decreasing as I compose this post too. Ooh, I wonder what's going on. I hope you're enjoying your summer holidays Lucio!

Thanks @Briggs I will keep my summer holiday photos on my Mac, meanwhile. Hope this will be solved soon.

Level 10

It has started again. I was on 40,400 points and now down to 39,000

My photos also decreased from 6,400 to 6,300. This is horrible .must be sorted soon.

@Briggs @LucioV

Level 10

Level 8

It's the same for me. 3 photos in 3 minutes. (I've just checked).

LG Contrib    G+ Profile  

Level 10

Level 8

Nope, unfortunately.

LG Contrib    G+ Profile  

Level 10

As far as I know, a lot of my photos that I've uploaded during Sunday's geowalk are starting to disappear. Sometimes, a later photo disappears first, then another one after. It seems to be random.