DeniGu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

[UPDATED] Known Issue: Missing Photos and Reviews from Contributions

Caption: An illustration of an Android holding a hat, sitting at a laptop with tools.Caption: An illustration of an Android holding a hat, sitting at a laptop with tools.Hello everyone, 

We are aware of an ongoing issue regarding missing photos and reviews from the 'Your contributions' tab in Local Guides' accounts on Google Maps.

If you have been impacted, we ask for your patience at this time as our team is looking into this and will resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

All updates on this issue will be posted in this thread.

Thank you again!

UPDATE: We're happy to confirm that this issue is now resolved. If you're still not able to see your photos and reviews under the 'Your contributions' tab, please allow some time for them to reappear.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

396 comments
Level 9

Written reviews not showing on my contribution tab which enables editing

Hello local guides, from today morning I noticed that my reviews I have written they do not appear on my contribution but I can see a total number of reviews written and star ratings given in Number of Contribution tab. Is there anyone else having the same problem which may be system error or due to updates on the system or is just me? here are the screen shorts showing what I am talking about on the shared two links below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qLsdaKOf3qURNh58YlKnU7lYzLaf4M_q/view?usp=sharing

Number of Contributions

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qqd34qzM1gkRyZo1EhYOPBfYFwmI2wGV/view?usp=sharing

No reviews

Connect Moderator

Re: Written reviews not showing on my contribution tab which enables editing

Oops, @Raphael-Mahumane it seems that an old issue is reappearing

Have you tried all the "classic" procedure, like clearing your cache?

Is your app updated to the latest release?

Have you tried on desktop too?

BTW, I think it is not depending of your devices, because if I check your profile, I cannot see any reviews in there.

Can you check if the review still visible in the business listing where you wrote it?

@NadyaPN 

Level 9

Thanks for your quick response @ErmesT,  yes I checked at those businesses they are still there, I even wrote another review this morning to see if it will also disappear or not but it disappeared. I tried on desktop,  Windows PC which is windows 7 and there is nothing also to show up. The only thing I did not do is to clear my memory cache on my mobile.

If I may ask is there an option to hide your reviews from appearing on your public profile, if there is something like that I suspect that I might have enabled it un-intentional but I do not remember doing something like that. What does following a business in private mean, that might be the setting which is causing all this?

Connect Moderator

Yes, @Raphael-Mahumane 

there is an privacy option, that you can set to hide the reviews, from your profile. Please read: Write reviews and add ratings of places

The option should not hide the reviews also to you.

Level 7

Fotos desaparecidas en las contribuciones de google maps

Buenos días, no se si este es el lugar adecuado para consultar......mis contribuciones (fotos) en google maps han desaparecido....pero en mis estadísticas siguen apareciendo las 471 fotografías, no puedo visualizarlas , ni tampoco ver la cantidad de visualizaciones de cada una, cosa que hace 2 días atrás podía realizar, agradecería alguien pudiera comentarme como resolverlo. Desde ya muchas gracias.

Level 9

@ErmesT  I checked all the settings and there is nothing wrong I did, as you mentioned following a business in private does not take away reviews on profile, I changed the setting and is still the same. It seems like others even their photos they contributed has vanished also, meaning that I am not the only person, I got this information from a Google Map & Earth Help Forum  

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/maps/k_CPNSr3aeY;context-place=mydiscussions I do not know what to do now, I will wait and see if it will change back to normal or stay like this until a solution is found.

Connect Moderator

Re: Fotos desaparecidas en las contribuciones de google maps

Hi @rhernandezb 

thank you for the feedback.

Can you please add a screenshot of:

1. The photography tab of your profile
  2. The resume of your contributions (the pop-up that appear when you tap on your avatar in Google Maps)

Photos that not adher to the Maps User Contributed Content Policy are made private, but you should be able to see them on your profile.

Do you have this issue both on mobile and desktop?

Connect Moderator

We had a similar issue a month ago @Raphael-Mahumane , as you can see here

This is the reason why I tagged a Google Moderator.

Can you confirm your issue is the same?

I am going to escalate your issue. Thank you for the feedback

Level 9

@ErmesT  it is not the same, as from the other guide some of his or her reviews and rating are shown there at the bottom in numbers but the reviews them selves are not there, that will be the only common issue, the actual reviews does not show up which enables edit or delete, but some of them are shown in numbers while in my case they are not even shown there unless I switch to Number of Contributions that is the only place where I can see the number of reviews and ratings.

Thanks for the information.