Atsukot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Known Issue: Map editing in Russia, Ukraine and CIS countries

KnownIssue_NoBG.png
The team is aware of inaccurate contributions being made to some places on Google Maps. We take allegations of fraud very seriously. When an issue like this one is reported to us, we investigate the claims. Upon completion of the investigation, we take actions in line with our findings. In the meantime, if you've found a place with inaccurate information, please let us know by commenting on this thread with a link to that place and a Google Moderator will take note of the information. 

We'll update this thread once the issue is fully-resolved.
434 comments
Level 10

Somebody destroys Almaty maps!

Recently I see that many POI in Almaty (KAZAKHSTAN) had changed their names to ridiculous ones. I understand that there are idiots who make that for fun. But who APPROVES those changes? Can you Google Maps people track that?Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 21.21.01.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-09 at 21.21.19.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-09 at 21.24.11.png

Connect Moderator

Re: Somebody destroys Almaty maps!

Level 10

Thanks for your answer and tip @ErmesT! But I can't report a LP damaging the Maps because I can't see who is doing this.... I changed at least 15 POI fake names but I doubt I will find them all. What if they won't limit their actions by city limits?

Maybe @NadyaPN as GM will help stop that 

Connect Moderator

Of course you don't know the name of the "spammers", I agree

One of the option in the post that I linked to you is to report the issue here, like you did @YerlanB

I wanted to be sure that you were aware about different procedures (that I already shared to you long time ago), and I tagged a CM for you just for having an help

Level 10

And on top of all that, when I change idiotic names back to normal, the system rejects it (Not Applied). So we stuck now with "Naruto Uzumaki school", "Kunikida Hanamaru school", "Ricardo Milos school" and so on. @ErmesT @NadyaPN

Level 10

Damn it!! The same crap begins in Astana... HELP!!! 

@NadyaPN @ErmesT

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 22.54.34.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-09 at 22.55.33.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-09 at 22.55.49.png

Level 10

Former Google Contributor

Hi @YerlanB,

Thanks for reporting. We are on this.

Would you mind providing a Google Maps link to all the hijacked POI`s that you have found?

I understand the situation is frustrating, but i would like to ask you to keep the good tone on Connect.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 10

Hi @GeorgesHR,

ok, I hear you, no more excessive emotions

These are some POI that still there I think. Many were changed, do you need them too?

6V3F+WP Алматы

6VPP+2H Алматы

6RHQ+XC Алматы

7X73+8V Алматы

6WG8+QG Алматы

4CQM+PR Астана

4CW9+3M Астана

Most damage caused is in Russian version