TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler

Known Issue: Local Guides details missing when viewing your own profile

Caption: An illustration of an Android holding a hat, sitting at a laptop with tools.Caption: An illustration of an Android holding a hat, sitting at a laptop with tools.Update 12/05/2017 - Your Local Guides information are back up and you can now view your Local Guides levels, points and contributions details in Google Maps on desktop and in the Google Maps app. Thank you for bearing with us!

Note: You may experience some delay in updating of points for your new contributions and may follow this thread for updates on points updating. The team continues to work to improve the experience for everyone and we appreciate your patience. 

Hello fellow Local Guides. The team is aware that while your Local Guides badge is visible next to your profile photo in Google Maps on desktop and in the Google Maps app, that your Local Guides level and points information is missing under your profile. Additionally, you may notice that your Local Guides badge next to your other badges may not be visible, nor are your complete contribution details. 

We're working to resolve this as quickly as possible but rest assured, if you are still signed up for the Local Guides program, you are still a Local Guide. 🙂 Your contributions are not impacted, nor is your status in the program. If you wish to view your detailed points information information, you may do so by visiting your Local Guides home.

We thank you for your patience and will post future updates in this thread. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
206 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Points not updating

As noted above:

Your Local Guides information are back up and you can now view your Local Guides levels, points and contributions details in Google Maps on desktop and in the Google Maps app. Thank you for bearing with us!

Note: You may experience some delay in updating of points for your new contributions and may follow this thread for updates on points updating. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Level 9

Where are my badges ?

Hi everyone,

something strange is going on - yesterday I had badges in my profile - today I have none

Why ?

Yesterday : 

94D5B263-3483-4D3A-8D2D-90B2EB2481F6.png

Today:9E30D009-68C3-4329-B4AC-B84ECED7EEA1.png

Level 8

Can't see local guide level in google gmap contribution

cant see my local guide level in gmap what is this.. the badge came like grey color, cant see the points. is it bug or something.

Support my Idea
Love to contribute
Level 7

What Happened to Our Points and Guide Levels in the App?

I noticed this morning that I can no longer see my points on either the Android app or maps.google.com. Is there a new change we are not aware of or is it just me?

local guides 20171204.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Happened to Our Points and Guide Levels in the App?

I don't actually mind it as it makes everything more excruciatingly exciting!  

Level 10

Unable to access my contribution tab and Local Guide Profile.

Hey Moderators and LG's,

I am not able to access My Contributions tab on Google Maps.  It shows image some old level greyed out is anyone else facing the same issue?

Can you help me out @ErmesT @YK1001 @PaulPavlinovich @AnnaDickson @LuisRG @JeslynL @Yohanad

Screenshot_20171204-211320.jpg

Screenshot (130).png

Level 7

But now I wont know how close to the next level I am or if my points are being applied or not. 

Level 10

Yes Same here....

I got a Massage also

"Congrats, you've already earned 2 badges with your great contributions"

And what is this badge? (in red mark).????

Screenshot_20171204-185238.png 

Level 9

Andrew,

I just notice the same problem and came here to see what is going on.  Did you notice our local guide badge changed to the level 4 symbol?

Google, any idea of what is happening?

Level 7

Screenshot_20171204-170218_1.jpg