BruceDM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

[FIXED] Known Issue: Google Maps level not in sync with your Local Guides Connect level - May 2018

Hello all,

We have received a number of reports in which Local Guides have noted their level in Connect not matching their level on Google Maps. In all of these cases, the Connect level is the lower number and has not updated to match Google Maps. This sync issue can be observed when a Local Guide graduates to a higher level on Google Maps. 

The level reflected on Google Maps is your correct Level. In the short term, you may not see your Level properly reflected on Connect. We are aware of the issue and the proper teams are investigating.

I will update this thread when the syncing issue has been fixed. Please feel free to subscribe to this thread for updates from myself or the other moderators. Thanks!

EDIT 5/30/18: The issue has been identified but tests are on-going. We hope to have a resolution to you very soon!

EDIT 6/1/18 - The teams have found a fix for the issue. Please log out of Connect and log back in - you should see your level reflected correctly now. If not, please let us know in the comments!

I am not available to respond on the weekend
420 comments
Level 8

On App its level 8 but on localguideconnects its showing 7

On my google map app , my level is showing '8' and when it comes to see in local guide connect its showing 7    ,,, whyScreenshot_20180405-080153.jpg

Level 9

Re: On App its level 8 but on localguideconnects its showing 7

Hi @REHANSIDDIQUI,

Level between both platforms can take up-to 48 hrs to be equal. Need not to be worry about that. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 6

Delay for level update in local guide connect

Hi,

I have reached to level 6 fewdays ago.level 6 is updated in mobile app but it isn't reflecting in website.

Any one please help.

Level 10

Re: Delay for level update in local guide connect

Bonjour @Maheshnagakumar

I have the same problem with my account.

It's a problem of synchronization between Google maps and Google connect account.

We have to notify moderators @ErmesT @KlaudiyaG

To get a solution to this situation

Level 7

@Maheshnagakumar Hi,it takes some time to level update In LG Connect.

You can see this post,this might help you.

[Fahim]
Former Google Contributor

Hi @Venance and @Maheshnagakumar,

Usually it takes between 24 and 48 hours for the information to get updated. Since both of your posts are from Sunday, would you mind letting me know if you are still experiencing the same issue and did you re-log into your Connect accounts?

I'm looking forward to your replies.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @KlaudiyaG

Thanks for your reply .

I'm still experiencing the same issue .

Level 7

@KlaudiyaG Hi..I am also facing the same problem, I have reached at level 7  3days ago,still I didn't  find any update here.

[Fahim]
Level 6

@KlaudiyaG:

Thanks for your respsonse,

I am also still experiencing issue ,it's reflecting  older level only .