BruceDM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Known Issue: Outage with Google Maps and Local Guides Connect - 3/15/18

[UPDATE] This issue is now fixed. You can see your Local Guides points, contribute on Google Maps, and engage with Connect again.

Hello all,

Some users are experiencing a few issues that are causing strange behaviour in Connect and Google Maps

We have received reports from Local Guides including- but are not limited to the following:

• Local Guides points
  • Meet-ups
  • Google Maps reviews and badges
  • Inability to sign in to Local Guides Connect

We are aware of the issue and our teams are working quickly to fix it.  Thank you for your patience and please stay tuned for further updates on this thread.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
53 comments

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Re: Known Issue: Google Maps - 3/15/18

[UPDATE] This issue is now fixed. You can see your Local Guides points, contribute on Google Maps, and engage with Connect again.

If you experience this issue again, please start a new thread.

View solution in original post

Level 6

0 photos shown on my contribution page

I receive emails frequently telling me how popular my photos are. The last message in January told me that 

People have seen your photos over 300,000 times, a new record for you on Google Maps. Thanks for sharing.

Yet when I look at My Contributions in Google Maps, it shows 0 photos!

Level 7

CUENTA A CEROS :(

¡¡Algo pasó en mi cuenta!!
agregué un lugar nuevo y de repente me llegó una notificación de que me uniera a local guides!
¿a alguien ya le pasó esto? estaba a nada de ser NIVEL 7!!! 😭 
¡AYUDA POR FAVOR! lo único que sale son mis fotos y las vistas que tienen, pero todo lo demás ya no sale :'(

Level 8

My account is completely blank

Hi team 

I just noticed my account is completely blank all my review,edits are not showing my points are not showing nothing is on Q&A tab no points are showing not badges everything is blank only the photos and views are showingScreenshot_20180316-014117.pngScreenshot_20180316-014110.pngScreenshot_20180316-014121.png and maps suggesting me to review those places which i have already reviewed​ in past don't understand why it's happening i uninstall and update again then try to log in again same no change please help

Level 7

my account is in troubles

SOMETHING HAPPENED WITH MY ACCOUNT!
I added a new place and suddenly I received a notification to join local guides! and  It was nothing to be LEVEL 7 ! 😭

Has this happened to someone? PLEASE HELP!

the only thing that comes out are my photos and the views they have, but everything else :'(
I´m from Mexico and I´m 
in shock 😞

Level 8

Re: my account is in troubles

My account disappeared all accomplishments as well

Sincerely,
Andrew Reynolds
Level 7

when?
how can you fix that?

Re: My account is completely blank

Hi @ayann,

I'm merging your convo into a known issue thread. Please stay tuned to this thread for updates.

@Andrew2020@joshy_hm,

I merged your convos into this single thread. We are working on these issues at this time.

Level 8

Re: Known Issue: Technical Difficulties in Connect - 3/15/18

@BruceDM

Thank you sir for informing us about this technical issue i will wait then as we are such a big family we can accept and understand please maintain it as soon as possible 😃