Giigle's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Kilimanjaro - Most Photographed landmark in Africa

Mount Kilimanjaro - TANZANIA

Snow capped yet located in the tropics, Mount Kilimanjaro stands at 5,895 metres above sea level. There is no doubt that Mount Kilimanjaro is the most photographed landmark in Africa. Is it possible that we can capture data from android operating system to support this claim? Likewise capture data for all photos taken by android at exactly this place and many other attractions to indicate to end user that -- you have just for example taken the 1 trillionth photo of this place and so we can keep track of the photos of several other place such as this.  

Mount Kilimanjaro in the skyMount Kilimanjaro in the sky

More details

Kilimanjaro is located just (Location: 3.07 S, 37.35 E) near the equator, in the Tropical Country yet its peak covered by snow throughout the year. Rising abruptly from the open plains, capped by snow and frequently fringed by clouds, it is one of Africa's most classic images.

Mt. Kilimanjaro Formation/Genesis

Mount Kilimanjaro Close UpMount Kilimanjaro Close Up

Kilimanjaro is a giant stratovolcano reaching an elevation of 19,335.6 ft. (5,895 m). Is one of the largest volcano ever to burst through the earth's crust. The diameter of its base is an incredible 40 miles. Besides the peaks and Moorland, the peaks consist of Montane forest with relics of old vegetation. Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest Mountain in Africa 5895m/19340 ft. Is the only Mountain in the World with the perfect symmetrical crater. Is the highest free standing Mountain in the World.

Tourism to Kilimanjaro is the number one foreign-currency earner for Tanzania. Some 20,000 tourists travel to the mountain each year, and  more than half of them make it to the summit, at least partially to see the tropical glaciers that have been immortalized by [visual] artists and in Hemmingway’s The Snows of Kilimanjaro. Get prepared for high altitude sun that can burn the skin severely and for cold nights that demand four season sleeping bags and good thermal clothing.

Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing near GlassierMount Kilimanjaro Climbing near Glassier

The total climb normally takes five to six days and involves four or five overnight stays in comfortable mountain huts/camping sites. Fees payable in US dollars include park entrance and accommodation for climbers (Tourists). Guides and Porters, food, Camping equipment, food and transport required.

Point of Interest

It is not necessary to be a climber to enjoy a visit to the stunning Mount Kilimanjaro. You can enjoy the waterfall, culture of the local people around or go bird watching.

Local Guides - East, Central Africa
Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
7 comments
Level 10

Re: Kilimanjaro - Most Photographed landmark in Africa

Hi @Giigle  

Please share more information and photos about this place, 

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 10

Hello @Rezgar thank you for the information request. Please feel free to ask any question about this place.

Local Guides - East, Central Africa
Level 8

Beautiful photo and informative post @Giigle  thanks for sharing with us.

SAHIL KHAN
local guide live for discovering world
Keep sharing!
And keep Tagging!
Level 10

Thank you for your attention, my dear friend, @Giigle 

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 8

@Giigle 

Thank you for sharing.

The mountain is very beautiful. I wish to visit there one day. Have you climbed to the top?

Level 8

Hi @Giigle 

Nice report and pictures.

Regards from Slovakia.

Karol

Karol Tomasch
Level 10

Thanks @Giigle for this very inspiring post about Mount Kilimanjaro.

I like the post and the photos, it makes me travel and it reminds me of beautiful mountains like the one in Zermatt, Switzerland:

view from the top of Zermatt

I recently went to East Africa and I saw some very nice places with not so many photos on Google Maps maybe because it is difficult to reach these beautiful places.

I guess that Google, Apple and Facebook are aware of the most photographed places on Earth, Some data is available on Google Maps, for example the number of photos on each Point of Interest.   The place with the most photos on Google Maps I have seen so far is the Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris., There were 324689 photos of the Cathedrale in Google Maps on April The 17th. and to day, June 3rd, 2019 there are 362881 photos uploaded!