ChiepSophy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Khmer Cooking Traditional food at home សម្លម្ជូរគ្រឿង

Khmer Beef Soup ​Coconut sauce Recipe At HomeKhmer Beef Soup ​Coconut sauce Recipe At Home

Khmer Cooking Traditional food at home សម្លម្ជូរគ្រឿង

Ingredients list: - Beef -Lemon Grass - Garlic -Kaffir Lime Leaves - Chili

- Onion Purple - Khmer Basil - Morning Glory - Coconut Milk

- Chili Sauce - Tamarind - Sugar - Fish Sauce - Seasoning - Oyster Sauce

Sophy
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
9 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Khmer Cooking Traditional food at home សម្លម្ជូរគ្រឿង

Hi @ChiepSophy,

Thank you for sharing this delicacy with us. Did you try this great dish in Cambodia or somebody thought you how to prepare it?

I find it quite a interesting dish. What do you think @BeatrizAguilar?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @TsekoV

Thank you for your interested dish in Cambodia. yes it is a great to sharing with #Local_Guides_world, let's them to know and try Khmer foods dish.

Sophy
Level 9

Thank you for tagging me @TsekoV

I would to know if this dish has a balanced savor among the sweet, salt, acid and spicy. Is it i soup or a stew? 

This is a exotic recipe for me @ChiepSophy

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Level 10

Hi @BeatrizAguilar

Thank you for your wonder about Khmer dish, 

InstructionsIMG_4817.JPG

Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Blanch vegetables separately for 2 minutes or until softened. Drain well and set aside.

Combine pickled mud fish and 150 ml water in a small saucepan, bring to a simmer, then cook over low–medium heat for 15 minutes or until fish has broken down. Strain through a fine sieve, pressing firmly on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard solids and set mud fish liquid aside.

Meanwhile, place 200 ml boiling water in a bowl, add tamarind paste and leave for 20 minutes or until tamarind has softened. Loosen tamarind, then strain through a fine sieve, pressing firmly on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard solids and set tamarind liquid aside.

Process lemongrass, lime leaves, galangal and garlic in a small food processor to a paste. (You can also do this using a mortar and pestle).

Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add lemongrass paste and turmeric, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add 400 ml water, tamarind liquid, mud fish liquid and fish sauce, and bring to a simmer. Add beef, sugar and 2 tsp salt, and cook over low–medium heat, stirring frequently and adding a little more water if necessary to cover beef, for 3 minutes or until beef is almost cooked. Add vegetables and cook for a further 2 minutes or until beef is cooked and vegetables are heated through. Serve with rice.

Sophy
Level 9

Thank you for the detail explanation @ChiepSophy

I'll try this recipe when I find all tge ingredients which are easy for me to buy them here in Colombia.

Is it common in your country to mix fish with beef?

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram

@ChiepSophy I remember trying this dish only once while I visited Cambodia. The taste was very specific and for sure the first time I experience such a flavor. I really enjoyed eating this traditional Khmer food.

What about you @SarahKa, do you think you can cook this succulent dish?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

wow!! Looks delicious @TsekoV  thanks for tagging me =D 

Soon than I can I'll try to do similiar to that here @ChiepSophy ! Looks veeeeeery tasty .

Regards from Brazil.

I am pretty sure you will not regret cooking this dish which comes from a country quite far from Brazil @SarahKa. What all of us Local Guides share here are simply hidden gems ready to be discovered. : ) 

Your posts are always mouthwatering @ChiepSophy, thanks for sharing.

Furthermore, big thanks for the recipe on behalf of all the Local Guides, who love to eat like me.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!