J_Sudhakar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Keep update Local places when you travelling on the way-For better correct Map Location/Information

My dear Local guide(Friends)- when you travelling on the way just open Maps(Put Location service on mode)-Just check it -is there any Map old information data Correct or Not ? like...

Some old business are Permanently Closed / Phone number changed / Timings changed / Maps are not showing correct location(then do correct it) / Maybe that location developed now well(then just take photos do update) / check is there any peoples pending questions-If you find any unanswered questions-Just do reply it with Correct & Present information about that business/Location. I hope you all are understand my Idea.Thank you my dear friends.

5 comments
Level 7

Re: Keep update Local places when you travelling on the way-For better correct Map Location/Informat

Здравствуйте! Хочу поддержать Вашу идею.И предложить как вариант (возможно правильный)

Если устаревшая информация о каком либо месте или нужно изменить одну деталь в характеристике места то нужно полностью обновить отзыв об этом месте,добавить фото или видео.

Спасибо Вам за актуальную тему (размышляю над этим вопросом)

УДАЧИ ВАМ!

Level 3

Re: Keep update Local places when you travelling on the way-For better correct Map Location/Informat

You would think for such a big, technologically advanced company like google with eyes everywhere and most people connected on SOME platform that they would stay up to date on those details - nothing irks me more than when I google the hours for a place, drive out there, and they are closed.

I'm already frustrated having to drive out there bc for 1 - I have reviewed these things to google multiple times and 2 - in those reviews, I include screen shots of how when you search for you destination the mileage is always less than when I go to hit start. And with finances ALWAYS crushing the general population, sometimes I don't have gas to go double the mileage, or even the time. 3 - Their markers are constantly off; google maps will give you a heads up like "In a quarter mile turn left." Maps' quarter mile and the ACTUAL quarter mile is way off, almost like we are driving in a different country in Km

And after reviewing multiple times in the app, why did I have to come here to review again?? Will this ever be and important issue worth fixing to them? 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @J_Sudhakar,

Thanks for your opinion! 

The Idea Exchange is where Local Guides can submit ideas for improvement as described in this post which describes how to best use this area. The most popular pieces of feedback are shared directly with the product teams on a regular basis. 

I am going to move you post in the How-tos section because it fits better there.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Thank you for your help@PoliMC madam. I am New to this Local guide connect program. 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @J_Sudhakar ,

Thanks for your reply and you are welcome!

Just as a reminder that you can tag Connect members in your posts by writing @ before their name so they can receive this way a notification and know that you are trying to communicate with them directly.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!