Jeffrey's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Keep Google Drive promotional storage after expiration

Early adopters of Local Guides made big contribution in the program so it would be very nice to let them keep the Google Drive promotional storage after the expiration date, or at least some percentage of the storage, say 50%.

I understand that after expiration, no data will be deleted and user can still download the data, but no upload or sync will be available, and GMail will stop working. That's not what I am talking about. I am requesting to make the promotional storage permanent. Please consider this Google.

Thank you.

27 comments
Level 7

Re: Keep Google Drive promotional storage after expiration

@Google please repond to points raised by @Jeffrey 

Level 9

@Jeffrey @AnkitShah Hello both of you the free drive storage offer was ended by 17th March 2k17. And right now there is no information about this offer. So we can't say anything about it. 

But there are other offers for level 4 to up level user. 

Have a look on the link mention below 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/News-Updates/Announcing-new-levels-amp-ways-to-help-your-commu...

I hope in future there will be more best offer for the same. 

Keep ☺ 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

@deepakjhic I am aware of the ending of the Google Drive storage promotion. I don't know when you joined Local Guides. I am among the early adopters of LGs, and at that time there were only 5 levels and you could only earn maximum 5 points for each place, and it took quite some time and effort to reach level 4 to get the promotion, which was 1TB Google Drive storage which I have now. Then Google dropped the promotion to 100GB. 

I am not saying that Google owes me anything, nor they must make the bonus storage permanent, because the TOS of the promotion says it will expire in two years. Google has been providing good services which I love and use every single day, and I am grateful for them. What I am requesting is, it would be a great thing if Google could make the bonus storage permanent, or award some permanent storage, to the early adopters of LGs when the bonus storage is expired. Again, they don't owe me anything, and if this request was rejected I will still use LGs and other Google services, after all, this is just a request, not an order.

Level 9

@Jeffrey ?????????????????????

my dear u understand more than my words.

Read again. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 6

Hi @Google,

I'm a bit disappointed by this answer as I was challenging to fulfill lots and lots of reviews just in order to get that free storage...

I hope this offer will soon come back 😞

Cheers

Level 5

I feel the same way! I worked so hard to move up in levels to gain the storage space only to be disappointed and find out they done away with it and it's like all for nothing. I was really looking forward to the free space. It was a let down to a goal I worked hard and took my time to get. So guess no good perks to get out of making level 5 :'(

Level 7

I had achieved the 1 TB storage, which disappeared from my account.  I don't know when but I received a message today that I am at 184% of my 15GB ????  Now suddenly, I am scrambling to get rid of documents and emails to receive new email.  If there was some announcement, I did not get it.  Please let me know if there is a way to restore this feature.  Thank you.

Level 7

@Toxaris13 there is no way to restore the feature. The 1TB promotion is only good for two years, and it is the reason I started this thread hoping Google would do something about it, especially for us early adopters, but unfortunately nothing has been done yet. If your photos and videos take most of your space, then this is what you can do: 1) download your photos and videos from Google Photos to your hard drive, then 2) go to Settings in Google Photos, then click Recover Storage which will convert your original-quality photos and videos to high-quality photos and videos. Since high-quality photos and videos do not count against your Google Drive space, after conversion your storage will be under the 15 GB limit.

Keep in mind though, the conversion takes a LONG time, even in days, depending on how many photos and videos you have.

Hope this helps.

Level 7

Thanks, @Jeffrey. I have too many documents and email with attachments, that also figured into this. I just bit the bullet and took the 100gb plan.  I actually remember thinking when they offered this, "What happens when I've got so much stored and this perk goes away? They've got us by the shorthairs"