NirajBhusal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Kartik Nach, A Traditional Cultural Dance Since 1641 A.D.

Kartik Nach is a traditional cultural dance which was started some 377 years ago (since 1641 A.D.), started in Lalitpur, Nepal. 

Kartik Naach (Kartik Dance) is an originally 27-day-long traditional dance and drama festival that takes place in  Kartik (October/November) on the Dabali in Patan Durbar Square. In recent years, the month-long Kartik Nach has been reduced to just 12 days. This festival is performed in Patan Durbar Square, Lalitpur. 

Here are some photos of Kartik Nach taken by me. This was my first attempt to night photography using DSLR camera, hope you will like them.

Link to Photo Album: Kartik Nach, Patan 2018

Namaste, 

NirajIMG_9166.jpg

IMG_9143.jpgIMG_9150.jpgIMG_9152 copy.jpgIMG_9141.jpgIMG_9142.jpgIMG_9167.jpg

Patan Durbar Square, Patan, Nepal
14 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Kartik Nach, A Traditional Cultural Dance Since 1641 A.D.

Hi @NirajBhusal,

Thank you for your post.

This festival is very interesting and the clothes are amazing. I had the luck to wear similar costume once, during a dance show. I would like to see a video about the dance, if you can upload it. As I was a dancer, I love to see traditional dances which I have never seen before. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

Great @Petra_M. I am sure you were looking beautiful in that dress and also enjoyed it. As I was focused on taking pictures so could not capture the video. I will try my best to collect it for you. Can you please share your photo. 

Thanks for reaching my post. 

Namaste,

Niraj

Former Google Contributor

Thank you @NirajBhusal I would appreciate it. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

Connect Moderator

@NirajBhusal It's impressive that the festival used to last almost a month, and that it still goes on for so much time.

The photos are really good, it seems like night photography wasn't a problem for you at all 🙂

Thank you for sharing!

Level 9

wow @NirajBhusal ! 

Thanks for sharing this! I really love the clothes! Could you share some music to us, to listen how is the sound?

Regards from Brazil!

Level 8

Thank you @Jesi. Yes, the first attempt was good and now I am okay with it. Lets have photography together. 

Level 8

Thank you so much @SarahKa and sorry as I couldn't record the video. I will try to find the recorded video. 

Namaste

Niraj

Level 10

Hi @NirajBhusal 

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post about Kartik Nach. All photos are really wonderful.