TheEagleEye's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Karlovy Vary International Film Festival

The Karlovy Vary International Film Festival (KVIFF) takes place every year at the beginning of July in the Bohemian spa town. The KVIFF is one of the 13 A-Festivals, the world's leading movie festivals.Uma Thurman @ Karlovy Vary Film Festival 2017Uma Thurman @ Karlovy Vary Film Festival 2017

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Karlovy Vary, Czechia
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Karlovy Vary International Film Festival

Hello @TheEagleEye,

What is the story behind this photo? Did you capture it while you attended this festival?

Please do make your subject as descriptive as possible when posting on Connect, you can review this post What makes a good post? which lays out the best practices for writing a good post on Connect.

P.S.: I am going to relabel this post to the Local Stories board as it better fits there and will drive more interaction.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @TheEagleEye,

Thanks for sharing.

I've heared about this, and some of the Hungarian short movies are nominated for the award on the festival. Did you watch the opening of the festival? What is your experience?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @Petra_M

Yes I was at opening and it was an experience that was enjoyable. I met Uma Thurman and Casey Affleck. 

My wife and I were there all week and enjoyed seeing the movies and the atmosphere in the town.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.

Sounds great @TheEagleEye. Did you manage to take photos with them? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @Petra_M, no we were prevented from taking private photos inside the venue. Photography was only allowed to be taken by the festival photographer.