gowthamselvam's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Kari Dosa😋 - a famous local cuisine of Madurai's Konar Mess (INDIA)

Hi LGs, 

Madurai is an energetic, ancient and one of the major cities in the Indian state of Tamilnadu. It is also also called as Temply city of tamilnadu. It is famous for its rich culture, temples, Jasmine flower and south indian authentic foods. Particulary food in madurai is really wow ! you get varieties of special authentic south indian food for both veg and non veg lovers. 

This food post is specially for the NON-VEGETRAIAN LOVERS ! 

Konar kadai at Madurai is very famous varieties of kari dosa, egg dishes , porotta and non veg dishes ! Particularly people visit this place specially for the the kari dosa. Kari Dosa is made of Dosa batter i.e. rice batter , egg and mutton sukka/chichken. Kari dosa is served in traditional banana leaf with curry (Kurma in Tamilnadu) . This dosa costs around INR 160 - 180.  

A Photo of mutton(lamb) keema kari dosa at Konar kadaiA Photo of mutton(lamb) keema kari dosa at Konar kadai

you will find the roasted lamb inside the dosa with spicy curry with egg. I was early waiting for my dosa to be served in my banana leaf. I had a bit of dosa with kurma. Kari dosa tasted yummy and delicious ! Spicy too !

If anyone visited south Part of Tamilnadu, dont forget to have this yummy kari dosa !   

P.S : This restrauant is with limited seating space and mostly crowded. There are no reservations available in restrauant.   

#yummykaridosa #limitedseating #crowded #noweheelchairaccessibility #madurai 

Gowtham Selvam
you are educated by travelling - Solange Knowles
Simmakkal Konar Kadai, சவுதர்ன் ரயில்வே காலனி, மதுரை, தமிழ்நாடு, இந்தியா
8 comments
Level 10

Re: Kari Dosa😋 - a famous local cuisine of Madurai's Konar Mess (INDIA)

@gowthamselvam

Hi Gowthanm

Thanks for the post on Kari Dosa.

It's certainly a specialty in Madurai. But this Dosa need to be made very carefully as the mince and small cubes of meat potrude from the batter level and get in contact with the hot plate, while turning it down. This will result in over cooked and meat get burnt.

I have experienced it and that's why I says this over here.

Thanks for posting this great write up on South Indian Authentic Food

Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Google Moderator

Hello @gowthamselvam,

Thank you for sharing about the famous local cuisine of Madurai. This dish looks delicious. I am not a big fan of a lamb meal but I really like to try new food so if I have a chance I will try this one. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hi @aaryesdee , 

Thank you for your comment and you are welcome ! 

I can understand what you are saying. But in this case its not over burnt. The curry surrounding the meat cubes are burnt in the tawa. Did you experienced this in konar mess ?

Gowtham Selvam
Level 8

Hi @Ivi_Ge , 

Thank you for your comment and you are welcome ! 

Thats good ! Try anything new whenever you have the opportunity to do so !

Try this dosa when you get the chance #Keepexploring 

Gowtham Selvam
Level 10

@gowthamselvam 

I was in Madurai this January and tried Kari Dosa. Somehow it didn’t taste as good as it should be. Meat pieces were sticking out and burnt. When I was studying in Delhi long ago we used to get a mutton dosa that was heavenly and the trick was the minced meat or keema. If meat pieces are uneven then the end result could be bad.

Warm regards.

Level 8

Hi @Gautamda 

Thank you for your comment. You should have tried it out it konar mess in Madurai. What you would have tried at Delhi might mutton keema dosa of keeping the mutton keema over the top of the dosa. But kari dosa is entirely different from mutton keema dosa. I suggest you not to compare something different from the other. However the different dishes tastes differently and it wont taste as you expect . These just my humble suggestions. 

Gowtham Selvam
Level 10

@gowthamselvam 

You are right probably the comparison between mutton keema dosa and kari dosa is far fetched. Next time I am in Madurai I will definitely try Kari dosa at Konar mess.

Regards.

Level 8

Hi @Gautamda ,

Kindly try it and give your feedback. 

Are you a frequent visitor to madurai ?

Gowtham Selvam