shishir_ctg's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Journey with Google Local Guide (Part: 3 /3, END)

4 Year Celebration of Bangladesh Local Guides4 Year Celebration of Bangladesh Local Guides

In 2012 suddenly I noticed google map is showing the name of my island and it's villages and few roads!!!!!! I got shocked!!! How it's happen????? so I started to discuss with IT related friends and I came to know that there are few local peoples who working for google map development. I thought they are google appointed employee for this task. Few days later I came to know I was wrong, they are working as volunteer of google map to up hold the country in the developed world. That time I was working in several International organizations (Lions Clubs International, Rotary International) as a volunteer (LEO & Rotaract). Rotary International & Lions International LogoRotary International & Lions International Logo

So, get excited by getting another platform of volunteering by which I can up hold my country. I started to learn , how to contribute in google map. When I started to contribute for google map, I faced several problem. Because that time I still using java operating handset which wasn't sweet able for mapping at all and I was difficult to capture picture in an location and upload them from computer at home. So I started to wait for my first smartphone. Mean while I was contributing slowly. In 2014 I finally bought my first smartphone. It was walton S3 mini smartphone and my contribution started in good way. After getting my smartphone, one day I was browsing my village map and I got shocked !!!!! A guy renamed the roads by his family members name like his father, grandfather's road which was completely wrong.

28642451_1644816258971694_1206420662_o.jpg

I reported several times and tried to contact with senior google local guides but the names didn't change till the date and google stopped the map maker. Now I'm contributing photos, reviews and answer the questions and query. Some times I get demotivate in contributing. After joining google local guide meet ups I get inspired again. Now Google Local Guide Bangladesh community is inspiring me again and again to contributing for google map.
In last 3 years I joined 2 Country central meet up (4 years celebration and 97th meet up) and 4 regional meet up and photo walk in Chattragram (Chittagong). Now few of my friends are also contributing in google map after inspiring by me. . . .

THANK YOU

Mirpur-1, Dhaka, Bangladesh