SumaiyaZafrin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

It’s time to stop violence against women and girls. Happy International Women's Day

IMG-20180308-WA0002.jpg

Violence against girls and women around the world is not only a personal struggle for the victims, but also has severe consequences on social and economic outcomes.

This violence takes place in rich countries and in poor ones, in the home, at work, on the street, in every social stratum, and amongst the young and the old.

IMG-20180308-WA0018.jpg

Violence against women and girls is a grave violation of human rights. Its impact ranges from immediate to long-term multiple physical, sexual and mental consequences for women and girls, including death.

So, we have to resist violence against girls and women now.

@TraciC and Power Womens at Local Guides Happy International Women's Day.

Dhaka, Bangladesh
9 comments
Googler

Re: It’s time to stop violence against women and girls. Happy International Women's Day

I couldn't agree more, @SumaiyaZafrin. As an individual who is a woman, we have a long way to go around the world. Thanks for bringing this post up and for highlighting needs. I know that as Local Guides, we can be sure to make sure information is accessible to ensure everyone has safe experiences exploring and making decisions! 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

Re: It’s time to stop violence against women and girls. Happy International Women's Day

Thanks @SumaiyaZafrin for this post. It's very important to talk about this topic that affects everyone.

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Connect Moderator

I cannot applaud this enough - this is awesome, @SumaiyaZafrin. This is an issue that is very important to me and I'm so glad to see our Local Guides participating in this effort to prevent violence against women in girls across the world. 

Many, many kudos!

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 8

I always celebrate women's achievements & will celebrate women's achievements.I always celebrate women's achievements & will celebrate women's achievements.

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Connect Moderator

thank u @TraciC

Connect Moderator

Thank u very much .... I believe in "She" for "He"... @SP31

Connect Moderator

Thank u so much dear @ValeriaA_

Connect Moderator

"She" for "He".... Thank u so much my dear.U r real hero in my life.Your inspiration give me more strength to fill up my dream.thanks again with lots of love  @PavelSarwar

Connect Moderator

@RosalieT miss u this International Women's Day