alexandradias's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

It’s the Christmas spirit!

I love Christmas, I love go out and see decoration (I create a list with places do see decoration), I love Santa  Claus, I am adult but I think there are a magic in Santa Claus and this is not just to kids.

In my country, the post office receive many letters that kids write to Santa Claus,  so we can go in post office choose one letter, buy the present and post office delivery this for free to kids.

I already did this, this is exciting thinking about one kid receiving Santa Claus in home with a present. There are letters with simple present like ball, toy car, doll.

I create a list in google, with some post office address and I share this with my friends, this is more easy to found in a list.

If we prefer, we can adopt a letter in internet, but I think this is not so magic.

And you? What do you do in Christmas?Big santa ClausBig santa Claus

29 comments
Level 8

Re: It’s the Christmas spirit!

Great this initiative of the post office because many poor kids have the chance to win a present for Christmas.

Christmas it's not only about presents, good food and drinks it's the birthday of Jesus.

And nothing show more Christmas spirit than help a child and a poor family to have a little of hapiness.

Luciana Velasques Cervo
Brasil!| ospetsprecisamde! Blog
Level 10
Former Google Contributor

Hello @alexandradias,

That is truly in the Christmas spirit, what an amazing way of donating presents to the children. In my country of Denmark we have a similar way of giving to the less fortunate, where you can donate toys to city hall, who will then deliver them as presents to children of poor families. You can also donate food and care packages for families. 

In my opinion this is exactly what Christmas is about. Giving and helping other people in need. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Oh I love it @alexandradias

Christmas is so loved in Finland and the entire town is lit with lights everywhere. It's my favorite holiday, because its spent with loved ones! 

Last Christmas, I had a great chance to be in Amsterdam, and just like in Helsinki, everything was so beautifully decorated and lit. It truly brings out the Christmas spirit. What's your favorite thing about the holiday?

Caption: A photo of the mall in Amsterdam.Caption: A photo of the mall in Amsterdam.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@DanniS I would like to know this city in Finland because santa claus lives there Rovaniemi.

In my city, we have many hotspots with Christmas decoration.

In my state my favourite place to see Christmas decoration it is Guararema country side city they do the decoration with recycled products, specially plastic bottles.

And around the world Funchal, a city in Madeira island, I was there many years ago and I felt like inside a magic place.Guararema 2015Guararema 2015

Guararema 2015Guararema 2015

Shopping Iguatemi 2017Shopping Iguatemi 2017

São Paulo 2017São Paulo 2017

São Paulo 2017São Paulo 2017

Those are really cool decorations @alexandradias! What a great idea to reuse plastic bottles! I've never been to your city, but I'm sure it will be an interesting experience without the snow :). Oh yes, if you really love Christmas, then Lapland and Rovaniemi are the places to be. You can take a reindeer ride and enjoy warm cups of tea and The Santa Claus town is really like a fairy tale. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hi @alexandradias This is a lovely idea  the post office , In Ireland all children bring in to school one item of food and a little toy if they wish then a charity named, Vincent De Paul come and collect it and make hampers for poor families in local areas of school. The charity also goes to supermarket and asks people to pick an extra item when doing their shopping for the charity to make food hampers/parcels. Children can also put their letter to Santa Claus in any post/mail box and the post office send each child a big post card from Santa In Lapland, with photo of Santa and Reindeers and say he got their letters. My children did this when they were younger and felt so special when a card from Santa in Lapland came through the door. Also the school children sing Christmas Carroll's at shopping centers to raise money for children. When my children were younger in school, they would send gifts and presents to the children in Chernobyl --  to the orphans of Chernobyl, I would buy  little toys, books and hats and gloves and put them in a box with a letter and a Christmas card. Each child at school here would be told if they had a boy or girl to shop for. It was nice and also teach children in Ireland, how lucky they were 😊

Level 10

@Eire27thank you for sharing how it is the Christmas in Ireland.

I was in lreland in 2016 for 23 day, I loved!!!!

Level 8

Hi @alexandradias oh were you, glad you had a good time  🙂