cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

It's Been a Pleasure Being a Local Guide

Hellllo Local Guides!!!

Hope you're doing great. 

It's been my pleasure being a local guide and being one of you.  I have started mapping in 2011 in MapMaker and still doing as a Local Guide. I was one of the  Regional Leads from Bangladesh and possibly with a very few contributions. Maybe they found my small contributions worthy. 🙂 

I belong to Bangladesh Local Guides. Being a local guide and member of BDLG I met with some cool friends and they are helpful too.  Today I got my BDLG branded polo. It's cool and fits great on me. Thank you all of the fellow local guides who took this initiative, specially @MahabubMunna for the initiative.  Looking forward to attending next meet-up wearing this polo! Thank you @MahabubMunna for lending me your sim card for my India tour next week. And all these weren't possible with Google's local guides program. Google Maps/Local Guides is doing great day by day by adding more features where we can contribute more and get more information about a place on the palm of our hand. I'd like to thank them. 

Here is a bit information about time.

1. Name: Saiful Islam Sohel
  2. Current Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh (Originally from Faridpur)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping people to know information that they should know about the place. I'm a heavy Google Map user, so when I don't find a information on Map I find it and update it so others can find it easily. I don't know why I keep doing it. 🙂 What could be a better way of helping other with information than Maps?
  4. I love to share: Mostly I love to share photos and reviews.  
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was a member and Regional Lead of the Google Map Maker, and thus I came to know about Local Guide when it launched. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I usually sleep at 5 AM. 😛

Now adding some photos of today. 

BDLG BadgeBDLG BadgeSelfie 1Selfie 1Selfie 2Selfie 2IMG_20180417_200212.jpgIMG_20180417_200556.jpg

Thank you so much!

Have a great time! 

Connect with me: My blog, YouTubeFacebookInstagram

Dhaka, Bangladesh
10 comments
Level 9

Re: It's Been a Pleasure Being a Local Guide

best of luck @SaifIS

Level 9

@AslamMo Thank you so much!

Level 10

Level 9

@FazeelUsmani Thank you!

Level 10

@SaifIS thanks a lot brother . hope you enjoy your trip , and don't forget to share with us your trip photos

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

Will definitely share my experience on connect this time. 🙂

Level 8

@SaifIS All the best

Level 9

Thank you so much! 

Level 8

Great intro @SaifIS. Wish you all the best. 

Namaste, Niraj