Cao-Nguyen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

It is not just ... it is more than that

Whenever you learn that the world is actually bigger than you have thought, you will feel you are smaller while your eyes are bigger :-). And here is my story of becoming smaller in a bigger world.

Some years ago, when I started using Google Maps to locate some places, I noticed that it was not just a free map tool, it was really a "live" map.

Then, a year ago, only when my friend introduced me to Google Local Guides, I recognized that it was not just for us to use what is given, it was for us - anyone who is using it - to contribute too. That's why I have been uploading photos & writing reviews since then.

One day, one of my very first photos got an increasing number of views everyday, my eyes opened bigger: it is not just a contribution for local, it is really used by the whole world, our photos may being viewed by hundreds to thousands people PER DAY. Wow, it is really encouraging and I keep uploading photos of almost every place i visited in this world.

About a month ago, when i received the invitation email from Google for the Connect Live (fka Local Guides Summit) 2018, my eyes were even bigger: OH OH it is not just contributed by silent/hidden "team", the most enthusiastic "team" actually meet each other face to face every year. Of course, same as most of you who received the invitation, I applied and ... hope.

More important, while preparing the application, I "discover" this Local Guides Connect forum (which might be already known by all active Local Guides - except me, I guess 🙂 ). Again, it is not just .... a forum or community, it is a place where all enthusiasts discuss, share experiences, opinions, and more than that. Honestly, as A newbie here, i am still slowly exploring this interesting "forest of information". 🙂

Allow me to extend this story more after I discover what actually it is if it is not just ... 🙂

Vietnam
4 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: It is not just ... it is more than that

Hi @Cao-Nguyen, and welcome to Connect!

Now, when you found out about Connect, the community is ready to hear your opinion. There are so many discussions going on here. I'm sure you will find a lot to join in, close to your interest.

Enjoy guiding and exploring Connect!

Former Google Contributor

By the way, @Cao-Nguyen, I've got some tips and links for you, as a new member of Connect:

Cheers!

Level 9

Thank you, @MarinSt, for welcoming me. I am so excited reading many many posts here and look forward to posting mine too.

@MarinSt wrote:

Hi @Cao-Nguyen, and welcome to Connect!

Now, when you found out about Connect, the community is ready to hear your opinion. There are so many discussions going on here. I'm sure you will find a lot to join in, close to your interest.

Enjoy guiding and exploring Connect!

Level 9

Many thank, @MarinSt. They are really helpful. It is very important to understand the "culture" of any community we are joining

@MarinSt wrote:

By the way, @Cao-Nguyen, I've got some tips and links for you, as a new member of Connect:

Cheers!