ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[SOLVED] Issue with review in Google Maps App

Hi everyone.

There are several report about an issue with review on Google Maps Apps (all version).

I want to inform the LGs that this issue has been already escalated on Thursday night, so Google is already informed.

In my case, the App is inviting me to write a review in the places that I have recently visited, according to my timeline, even if most of the places hes been already reviewed.

The issue is present only in the app. Web (desktop) version is working fine.

I have just added a new review for making a test. I have received 21 points, and the review is showed in the POI.

But the suggestion for writing a review still present in "my contributions / Contribute" tab in the app.IMG_20181209_005828.jpg

Treviso, TV, Italia
38 comments
Level 9

Contribute Tab Acting Strange

I recently traveled overseas and notice my ''contribute tab' was acting strange.  It currently displays every place, even if I've reviewed it, as unreviewed or rated. 

Is anyone else having this problem?

Screenshot_20181207-221908.png

Kansas City Local Guide | Maps Profile | Instagram | Connect Live 2018
Level 10
Level 9

How to report technical issues

I have sent some maps feedback, but not sure how to report some technical issues to google maps & connect.

There are a number of technical issues to report here:

1. I could not figure out how to report this in local guides connect feedback channel, so I am posting it in the How-To, as I could not open a new thread in the support/feedback section. I tried using the feedback button on the maps.google.com.

2. In maps app and on desktop, I am being offered to rate and review places that I have already rated and reviewed in my history. This shows on the web/desktop as well as in the mobile maps app, also in the beta preview map app.

3. When adding new "missing places":
A. I do not always get the email notification that a place is being reviewed or a place has been added.

B. The EDIT tab in chrome on the desktop, does not update to show that the place is being reviewed.

C. The EDIT tab in mobile maps app, shows incorrect details. For example, today I added a few missing places, but not all of the 3 are shown. The two that are shown are pending for "new road" when I added a "public toilet", "parking lot" and "golf instructor".

D. IF and When the message does arrive, sometimes it's in the language of the country WHERE the missing place was added, and not in the language in which I submitted the details. Sometimes, not always, but the email should be in the same language as used during the submission, no?

4. Contribution counts and thus points not consistent or correct across the mobile maps app, desktop web view, and reported in local guides connect.
A. Photo counts incorrect across views/apps.
B. Review counts incorrect across views/apps.
C. Videos counts incorrect across views/apps.
D. Places added counts incorrect across views/apps.
E. etc...
I understand if a photo isn't accepted, or approved, but the counts should at least be the same across apps/views, or consistent.

Thanks for providing a great opportunity for local guides to contribute to maps. I enjoy this hobby and I am glad to contribute, and I'd like to continue to provide content to maps.

Connect Moderator

Re: How to report technical issues

Thank you for your feedback, @ChristopherMuro.

Yes, "how to" is the place for writing about issues that you are finding, for the Googlers to read it on next Monday. It seems there is some glitch in Google maps, as other Local Guides are reporting for similar issues. Referring to point two of your list, I am waiting for a feedback to, as I am experiencing the same situation.

I am not going to rewrite any review, waiting for a feedback.

Your list is a good help, very detailed, so I hope it will help to solve the issue.

Now we have just to wait

Level 9

Thank you for the quick response.  I appreciate your time and the job you do moderating. 

I hope that someone in the google maps program or the connect program on Monday will also read and respond. 

I hope they may find the issues and can resolve these bugs/quirks quickly. 

I really enjoy contributing and I don't like seeing the inconsistency between the apps/programs in regards to the counts, but besides my own point counts, I also don't like not being able to contribute new missing places, or correcting or editing place details.

I searched in the How-To and General discussion forums but I couldn't find solutions or similar threads to contribute to.  I will try to locate a few so that I can subscribe for those solutions/feed back.  Thanks again.

Connect Moderator

Well, let say that this kind of issues are frequently related to improvement (I don't have information to say that this is the reason, but this is what I usually see) @ChristopherMuro

So I hope that, when this will be fixed, we will have some positive surprise.

I am merging your post in here

Level 9

Bewertete Orte erneut bewerten?

Hallo,

Ich habe über 1500 Bewertungen bei maps geschrieben. Aktuell tauchen bei mir unter "meine Beiträge" Vorschläge zum Bewerten auf die ich vor Jahren schon bewertet habe. Wenn ich in die Orte reinschau sind meine Originalbewertungen auch noch vorhanden. Hat noch jemand den Fehler

Level 10
Connect Moderator

Re: Bewertete Orte erneut bewerten?

Hi @James-Bond007

this is an issue that several local guides are reporting.

This issue has already been escalated, as indicated in this post where I am merging also your post