alokeme's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Islamic Art in the Al-Masjid an-Nabawi Mosque in Medina.

Al-Masjid an-Nabawī is a mosque established and originally built by the Islamic prophet Mohammad, situated in the city of Medina in the Hejaz region of Saudi Arabia. It was the third mosque built in the history of Islam,[a] and is now one of the largest mosques in the world. It is the second-holiest site in Islam, after the Great Mosque in Mecca. It is always open, regardless of date or time.

On the way to the  Al-Masjid an-Nabawi Mosque.On the way to the Al-Masjid an-Nabawi Mosque.

Islamic inscriptions on one of the gates.Islamic inscriptions on one of the gates.

Islamic inscriptions on one of the gates.Islamic inscriptions on one of the gates.

The beauty of Islamic art on the concrete pillars and roof of the mosque.The beauty of Islamic art on the concrete pillars and roof of the mosque.

The beauty of Islamic art on the concrete pillars and roof of the mosque.The beauty of Islamic art on the concrete pillars and roof of the mosque.

The beauty of Islamic art on the concrete pillars and roof of the mosqueThe beauty of Islamic art on the concrete pillars and roof of the mosque

IMG_٢٠١٩٠٣٠٥_٠٨١٦٥١.jpg

Giant Islamic chandeliers in the roof of the mosque.Giant Islamic chandeliers in the roof of the mosque.

Giant Islamic chandeliers in the roof of the mosque.Giant Islamic chandeliers in the roof of the mosque.

B
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

رد: Islamic Art in the Al-Masjid an-Nabawi Mosque in Medina.

Level 10
Solution

رد: Islamic Art in the Al-Masjid an-Nabawi Mosque in Medina.

Former Google Contributor

Re: Islamic Art in the Al-Masjid an-Nabawi Mosque in Medina.

Hi @alokeme,

It looks wonderful, thanks for sharing.

Is it always crowded? When is the best time to visit, also to don't disturb the period of prayer? I'm happy to see this huge beautiful mosque through your eyes. 

PS: @BorrisS I think you would love to see this miracle.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Hello @alokeme,

Thank you for these great photos, I never had the chance to see the interior of the Al-Masjid an-Nabawi in Medina before. What a great piece of art, simply a masterpiece! 

The architecture and the decorations are very different from the ones that I was used to in Morocco. There, unlike in the Medina, the mosques are more simple and the decorations are not so evident. 

Thank you @Petra_M, for tagging me. 🙂

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 10

Hi

Yes always crowded

regards

B
Level 10

thank you

B
Level 10

@alokeme Thank you for sharing this beautiful mosque. I hope someday can see it in person

nanikrahayuni
Level 10

@alokeme  thank you very much for this great photos of almasjid  alnabwy i have the chance  to visit the mosque beforev during omra

I hope  i can visit soon 

Ahmed Lotfy
Level 8

Bls: Islamic Art in the Al-Masjid an-Nabawi Mosque in Medina.

Insya Allah, on January 2021 i'll go to Mecca-madinah on an Umrah trip. And I found this post. Thank you for sharing your insights.