SamuelEdyson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Is there limit to uploading photos and videos in a listing? Points are not updating

Greetings fellow local guides and moderators.

I recently took photos and videos of a very big public place, very popular destination. Photos are including:

• 120+ regular photos.
  • 15 edited videos.
  • total of 31 street view connected photos.

I started with connecting street view photos, got all 31 x 5 = 155 points. Then I edited my 30-second videos and uploaded them, got all 15 x 7 = 105 points.

Then I continued towards uploading 120+ regular photos. Started with the first ten and already none of them are being acknowledged with points, lol. And I still have 110+ to go. So basically the question: is there limit to uploading photos and videos in a listing?

I know that points shouldn't be the sole motivation for contributing to Google Maps, but then to think Local Guides program being a voluntary thing, so earning points & levels became like an entertainment to us. I am writing this just to clarify if my points not updating being due to lag in points update, requirement of manual approval by Googler / AI, or ultimately there is a unspoken rule to maximum uploads for a listing.

Info would be deeply appreciated.

Indonesia
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Is there limit to uploading photos and videos in a listing? Points are not updating

Hey @SamuelEdyson, points do take some time to be updated so I recommend allowing buffer and check back in after a while. There isn't a limit to the number of photos and/videos you can share to a place so to speak, but all contributions must abide to the Maps User Contributed Content Policy; any that do not actually risk being removed. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there limit to uploading photos and videos in a listing? Points are not updating

Hi @SamuelEdyson u wrote that u added photos and videos to a place, but you are mentioning some listings, I don't see how's that connected? As far as I know there are apsolutely no restrictions when adding photos and videos to Map, so feel free to do so👈.

Level 9

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @SamuelEdyson u wrote that u added photos and videos to a place, but you are mentioning some listings, I don't see how's that connected? As far as I know there are apsolutely no restrictions when adding photos and videos to Map, so feel free to do so👈.

Sorry, maybe the way I put it is confusing. It is about a public 'place' in G Maps where I uploaded 31 connected Street View, 15 videos, and 10 photos (which never get points anymore), of which I am planning to add 110 more photos.

I know I am free to upload as many photos as I want as long as they adhere to contributed content guidelines. I just want to know how many of photos to upload into a single 'place' before photos stopped getting points? I admit 50% of reason I upload photos is for achieving points, whereby 110+ photos are already too much IMHO. But then it's a very big public place, of course photowalking through all the areas will definitely have lots of photos.

Hope it helps. Cheers...

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hey @SamuelEdyson, points do take some time to be updated so I recommend allowing buffer and check back in after a while. There isn't a limit to the number of photos and/videos you can share to a place so to speak, but all contributions must abide to the Maps User Contributed Content Policy; any that do not actually risk being removed. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @SamuelEdyson,  a little tip, when u are replying to someone u should mention that person by typing @, then that person will appear and u pic it. That way that person will get notification that someone has mentioned it and can reply to. This way I didn't know that you replied to my message so I didn't answer, but just accidentally ran to this post again and saw that u wrote something, but now I can see that @JeslynL replied to you.